NGD - The one I always thought was out of reach

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
When I wanted to buy another guitar I would mention to the wife that I was going to the motorcycle shop when we go to town. On the 30 minute drive she would remember that I was thinking about a certain guitar and why don't I buy it instead of another motorcycle. I reply are you sure. Problem solved and I don't want another motorcycle.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
When I wanted to buy another guitar I would mention to the wife that I was going to the motorcycle shop when we go to town. On the 30 minute drive she would remember that I was thinking about a certain guitar and why don't I buy it instead of another motorcycle. I reply are you sure. Problem solved and I don't want another motorcycle.
nothing remotely like this has ever worked at my house; something must be wrong with my technique

my wife would say "why don't you play the ones you got instead?"

Mr Swisher

Tele-Meister
nothing remotely like this has ever worked at my house; something must be wrong with my technique

I get this often.

This morning my wife said "the one guitar you can never sell is the one we went to get together when you were 40". I replied with a nod and a look of "understood".

Spoiler Alert: I sold it 3 years ago.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted

I think the fact that she knows I have my favorites and will play the new ones for a month or so put them back in the case and after awhile sell it, get my money back and that will make me happy. Plus she knows I like fast motorcycles IF I were to get another one and thinks I'm too old for that.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Yes. I absolutely agree, I wanted one that was inspired by his, but without the phase switch and onboard OD, and the precise relic copy

I'm pretty sure Dennis Galuszka built the first replica for Andy in 2007 so he's clearly designed this using that as his main point of reference.

It's perfect

It is a shame they didn't start making them before the original bridge pickup was fried, but that was a while ago.

Mine will not be relic'ed (it is a poly finish) but I do have one mini switch between the pots. I plan to use it for series/parallel between the humbucker coils.

charlie chitlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
PSA
The way to get the wife to approve guitar purchases is to buy right and sell a few.
Yesterday I showed Mama Chitlin a just-received $3k in cash that cost me $2400 to get, and she was good with that.
And that was an unusually low profit for me.
This works especially well if you keep your gear money separate.
It's the time-honored technique of dealing to support your habit.
With Facebook marketplace and Craigslist, it's very easy to buy and sell stuff nowadays.

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That's a holy grail axe, nice going! Just one thing, make sure you put a note somewhere, so in the unlikely and unthinkable event of an unexpected demise on your part, she doesn't sell it for the price of a used Squier. Just sayin'...

Mr Swisher

Tele-Meister
That's a holy grail axe, nice going! Just one thing, make sure you put a note somewhere, so in the unlikely and unthinkable event of an unexpected demise on your part, she doesn't sell it for the price of a used Squier. Just sayin'...

This is something I've been meaning to do with a few guitars. Notes in cases giving estimated value at time.

Otherwise this will be gifted to a local busker or a non-musical nephew "to see if he likes guitar".... "give him this beaten up old one" :cry:

Mr Swisher

Tele-Meister
IMG_20220117_134308.jpg
IMG_20220117_134545.jpg
IMG_20220117_134611.jpg