NGD-Thanks to my TDPRI Friends for the push

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I recently posted the question "are Gretsch guitars as good as they look?" and got great response. The response was so good that I took the plunge and got a G5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr. Now I can answer my own question. IMHO I believe they are better than they look. The CB Jr fit in my lap like a Tele and my right hand was in perfect position for playing. I love the Broad top pups. They seem to really compliment my style. I'm still a Tele guy but................
IMG_3623.JPG

BorderRadio

Doctor of Teleocity
Congrats and welcome to Gretsch-dom. The only time I’m ok with gold hardware is with a White Falcon or Caddy Green Gretsch. Dont forget to swap your bridge :)

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Looks great! Happy NGD!
On another note(pun intended)... what do you play on that thing(style-wise, I mean)?
Off the top of my head I'd say either 50's/early 60's Rock'n'Roll/Rockabilly or possibly used ironically to play in a Slayer -cover band. :lol:

miguelalmeida

Tele-Meister
HNGD!
Looks amazing, I too have the Junior model and it feels very comfortable to play.
Glad you like the Broad pups but I have a feeling you’ll end up getting different ones. Different pickups will turn your guitar into a very versatile instrument.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
I recently posted the question "are Gretsch guitars as good as they look?" and got great response. The response was so good that I took the plunge and got a G5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr. Now I can answer my own question. IMHO I believe they are better than they look. The CB Jr fit in my lap like a Tele and my right hand was in perfect position for playing. I love the Broad top pups. They seem to really compliment my style. I'm still a Tele guy but................ View attachment 895008

Nice, very cool color. Try them both together on a recording. The other guitar player in my band has a Gretsch. A Tele and a Gretsch work really well together.

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Congratulations.

Looking forward to a more in-depth review. I've been eyeing the version with the trapeze tailpiece and no Bigsby.
I could not find one. I decided to try one with the Bigsby and if it was a problem I would take it off and add a trapeze. So far I'm liking the Bigsby. I'm not a whammy guy, but who knows

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
because this is a guitar forum and we give our opinions in a polite manner in order to grow our knowledge?
It just bothers me when the first response is to recommend changes. Learn the instrument. Spend time with it. Get familiar with the controls and the versatility that’s on tap. I’ll get over it. :)