NGD Tele Deluxe

henge

TDPRI Member
I've been scouring Reverb, Kijiji and the music stores in Canada for an AmPro II Tele Deluxe with Rosewood board for about a year. The delivery date for these guitars is next April at the earliest. Found a used one last week but I wanted new and was willing to wait.
For some reason this one pops up in Vancouver ( I live in Ontario which is about 4000 km east!! ) and I was able to snatch it. I have an AmPro II Tele and two AmPro II strats so I was fairly confident that it would at least be a good guitar. I wasnt disappointed. The neck is excellent. Beautiful rolled edges, smooth frets nice satin finish that will wear well with time. My ribs are thanking me for the belly cut! Finish is Mercury. Looks great in person with a nice slightly metallic glow. Love the heel carve.
The neck pickup is clear with a large low end. Mids are more open than a LP. Highs are warm but still present. Very easy to work with in tracks. It's a sound that I didn't have so it's a nice addition. When split it doesn't sound like a single coil Tele. Have to explore this single coil tone more. Should be useful.
The bridge pickup is, again, a sound I didn't have. Beautiful top end to my ears with a nice high mid bump. Tight low end.Easy to deal with any harshness with the tone knob. Great sounding pickup in my humble opinion. Records beautifully and blends easily with other tones.
Only complaint is that the numbers on the knobs are upside down when your holding the guitar!
Pix...apologies for the poor quality
20220610_121927.jpg
20220610_121953.jpg
20220610_122029.jpg
20220610_135624.jpg
20220610_135849.jpg
20220610_140027.jpg

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to TDPRI I see that you joined back in 2014, but your first post was Sunday. You really have been waiting a long time for your Deluxe, hope that long term it lives up to all your expectations. Enjoy.

John C

Friend of Leo's
Congrats! Pairs up nicely with the "regular" American Pro II in Dark Night. While I've tried out the old American Pro version I've yet to play one of the Am Pro II Tele Deluxes - I've got to rectify that situation.

henge

TDPRI Member
Congrats! Pairs up nicely with the "regular" American Pro II in Dark Night. While I've tried out the old American Pro version I've yet to play one of the Am Pro II Tele Deluxes - I've got to rectify that situation.
check one out. You might like the Vmod 2 pickups. Heel carve is very nice and the neck is great imo.

henge

TDPRI Member
The colours for the AmPro II series is pretty limited. The sunburst is classic and the Pine looks cool. Luckily the I like the Mercury out of the soild colour choices with the rosewood board. After a couple more days with it I'm really enjoying the guitar. They did a great job with this model imo. Tons of sounds.

henge

TDPRI Member
"Congrats! What version of humbuckers are they? Is coil split push-pull?"

They are Vmod 2 humbuckers and the tone pots are push/ push to split the coils