NGD - T57 Nash

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by graybeard65, Dec 5, 2019.

1. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

7BC19603-A100-48EF-8891-19A298B36E15.jpeg 5E960390-903D-4D34-9E30-B5E696783353.jpeg EA627383-8116-487E-B07F-DFEE7FC90619.jpeg E9CE0BEA-C03F-45AE-858A-91ACC22ACC99.jpeg 4E16D023-3232-4AC0-A07F-B173857743D4.jpeg *not new...but new to me! I’d been looking for quite some time, and found a great deal on Reverb.

The seller was great - fantastic experience all around!

The neck is one of the most comfortable I’ve ever played. It’s like an old, comfortable pair of jeans or my favorite old easy chair - it’s just familiar and broken in just right. It’s a nice C shape, with tall narrow frets that are perfectly dressed. It’s a beefier neck than my American Professional tele, but it really fits my hand nicely.

took it out of the shipping box, tuned it up, and didn’t want to put it down. The Lollar pups are sweet and articulate - and this feels and sounds like I’ve always wanted a tele to

it’s very light, and super resonant -

the relic job is light, and I love the way it looks!

2. 650thunderbird

650thunderbird Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nice!

graybeard65 likes this.
  3. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Congrats!

graybeard65 likes this.
  4. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Great buy. I've always wanted one - really like the worn in feel of a Nash.

graybeard65 and stantheman like this.
  5. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I am totally not in the market for a new guitar. But if someone threw a shameful amount of cash my way I'd struggle not to but a Nash T63.

I don't like relicing as a concept on some levels. But I really hate the feel of new poly. That's the clincher for me.

graybeard65 and stantheman like this.
  6. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

What you got there is a work horse. What a tele was ment to be. Congrats and enjoy.

graybeard65 likes this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Kewl!

graybeard65 likes this.
  8. G-52

G-52 Tele-Meister

Congrats, great choice! Nash T57 in light aging (mic drop...)

graybeard65 and chillybilly like this.
  9. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Holic

A pal of mine got one of these new about a year ago, and we did a side-by-side comparison with my Fender CS Time Machine '63 Tele. They were pretty much the same in playability, tone, and build quality/fit and finish. I liked it.

Looks like you've got yourself a real peach of a guitar.

graybeard65 likes this.
  10. chillybilly

chillybilly TDPRI Member

Stunning. I guess we are in the Nash newbie club (assuming you don't own others) together. I have three black guitars (four if you count the carbon fiber of a RainSong acoustic) and while I love black to death I just couldn't get another even though I wanted to...badly.

Beat-up - correction, relic - black looks so good. I agree that's light relic by Nash standards - although I would say it's got a few more dings than mine. But that's what makes them unique.

I've had mine for a scant 2 weeks but have nothing but good things to say. The first Nash I sat down to try had a fairly meaty neck even though all 3 Nash T guitars at the dealer were listed as medium C. I thought 'Oh no if this is a medium C I don't know if it will work for me' despite loving everything else about the guitar. But the butterscotch one I tried next was Goldilocks - not too fat, not too skinny. Not trying to steal your thunder just a comparison pic. I changed over to an aged white guard and a top hat switch cover.

(Whisper it: the Lollars are as advertised ie the bridge pickup especially is not as cutting or brittle as most Tele pickups I've heard. On the other hand, the Lollars are voiced as advertised and that's a good thing especially in a band context.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    BB, El Tele Lobo and graybeard65 like this.
  11. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I’ve always loved the feel and sound of each of the Nash guitars I’ve played...if I had the cash, several of them would have followed me home.

congrats and happy new guitar day!

graybeard65 and El Tele Lobo like this.
  12. nopicknick

nopicknick Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Never played a Nash, but I sure want to. Yours looks awesome!

graybeard65 likes this.
  13. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Holic

That looks like a great guitar. Lollar pickups are sweet!

graybeard65 likes this.
  14. ladave

ladave Tele-Holic

Congrats on the score! I'd totally rock that!

graybeard65 likes this.
  15. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Enjoy.

The aging on the front and edges looks very similar to my black '69 modded mutt of a Tele that I lucked into at my local shop.

Nash really likes to do the thing where he just takes all the finish off the back of the neck from frets 2-3 all the way up to 12-15 or so. I've never seen a vintage guitar age like that through use. I've seen folks having removed finish like that on vintage guitars somewhere along their life, and maybe that's what he's going for. And he's certainly not alone there. I think Fender and others do the same thing. It is comfortable to play those necks.

graybeard65 likes this.
  16. Bluetelecaster

Bluetelecaster Tele-Holic

Awesome!

graybeard65 likes this.
  17. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Nice... I've played several Nash Teles.. can't say which ones for sure. Sweet guitars, they are usually in stock at the local boutique store, and as far as boutique Teles available there I'd say they aren't that outrageous on price.

I put Lollars in my Tele to set it up like the Nash after playing the Nash ones. Most of the ones I've played have had a pretty beefy neck.

It's hinted at on the Lollar website that the pickups delivered to Nash are not quite stock versions of the Vintage T + Special T.

I can concur.. I have never seen the inside of a Nash to see what Capacitor & pots are in it (hard to believe the pots are not 250k though) but my guitar definitely does not sound quite like the Nash ones. The Nash ones sound more mellow/lower output than the stock Vintage T/Special T to me. It could also be pickup adjustment though. The ones I've seen had the pickups fairly low.

graybeard65 likes this.
  18. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Tele-Meister

lookin fab. playing a black tele, not unlike playing a black les paul, always looks tough. all go, no show. they will know you mean business = ]

graybeard65 likes this.
  19. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

492E002D-ECC7-4A6A-B6F6-52931C615C0D.jpeg
    Funny that you should mention it - my primary gigging instrument is an R7 Les Paul black beauty - an older one that looks like it’s been working stages for 25 years (which it has)

OldDude2 and tamer_of_banthas like this.
  20. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

that is a beauty

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.