NGD Swampy Highway One Texas Content

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by coolidge, Jun 16, 2019.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Interesting product.

However I'm concerned about the extended contact. Someone will probably buy one but the best thing to do with the American Standard type of body (through holes moved up the body, bunched together) is to play it as it is or sell it and get a Tele with the through holes further down the body and further apart. Or convert to top loader somehow.

I think the best feel and sound comes from a string that's loose in that it just kisses the break point on the saddle then doesn't touch anything until it finds the hole through the bridge plate. Steep break angles are just as undesirable as extremely shallow ones. I think when a string starts to wrap around a saddle, it kills the string. It holds it too tight, and this makes the guitar play tight, and sound tight.

However, I am imagining this would work (on an American Series, etc.) better than the Babicz works (whatever model). Remember that the basic bridge plate on the Americans (series and standard) before 2008 are made of just the cheapest yellow pot metal. This has got to be an improvement on that although maybe the material chosen will mess with the 60 cycle noise canceling of a blade or other HB T bridge pickup.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. coolidge

coolidge Tele-Meister

I may try the Gatton's this go around.

Steve_U1S likes this.
  3. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I'll be curious to hear your impressions if so - I've not had the experience.
    Closest I've come is trying out a Fender Custom Shop Danny Gatton Tele - it was a recent model, and as such is fitted with Fender's own take on the Gatton Barden set (which apparently was developed by the late great Bill Lawrence).
    ... and to be honest, though I don't know the Gatton Barden bridge pickup, I know the neck one intimately, and the Fender one didn't have the same 'magic' which I tend to find with the Bardens.

4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Only just seen your post OP. Great looking Tele, congratulations.

5. coolidge

coolidge Tele-Meister

Which one? :twisted: I smell NGD Fender tweed hard shell case fragrance.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.