NGD. STEINBERGER SPIRIT

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
Here it is. Arrived today amd after getting to understand the mechanics of it…ie: intonation, tuning and string height it feels great and plays great…..intonation is a breeze! Easiest and most stable adjustment ive ever done on any of my guitars. Theres a few upgrades to come but thats easy stuff….bearings for the tuner knobs, headless upgrade so you can use single ball end strings and new pups…..over time no hurry…..initial feeling….fun quality guitar. image.jpg image.jpg

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Congrats! I have a black one myself. I like it a lot, it stays put next to my living room chair.

BUT: Did you strap it on and have a look at yourself in the mirror yet?

I have a Hohner Steinberger copy. When I bought it, aged 21, I looked cool as hell in front of the mirror. A skinny guy with a skinny axe.

Now at 55 I look like a big fat guy holding a toy canoe paddle.

grandstick

Tele-Holic
One thing that has bothered me about any of the “traditionally”-styled Steinberger copies is where the front strap button is mounted, the neck is pushed so far to the left (for right-handed guitars) - you are forced to really reach for the lower frets.

Steinberger (Gibson) accommodated for this by adding an extension bar to hook your strap onto.

I fabricated a similar device for my Hohner G3T and my Washburn Bantam headless bass.

This brings the neck back to a more comfortable playing position.

53707C28-6957-465C-A9B7-A6D9764A2E49.jpeg

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
Congrats! I have a black one myself. I like it a lot, it stays put next to my living room chair.

BUT: Did you strap it on and have a look at yourself in the mirror yet?
Yeah , it is a bit out of scale lol.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I've had one since the early 90s. Great guitar, well made, extremely good fretwork right outta the bag. Did you get the padded bag with it? It's a good one.

I locked down the R-Trem and swapped in three Duncans to replace the stock passive EMGs, which sounded fairly anemic and characterless.

Here it is with a homebrew beast.

Steinberger-Spirit-Oddvark.jpg

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
I've had one since the early 90s. Great guitar, well made, extremely good fretwork right outta the bag. Did you get the padded bag with it? It's a good one.

I locked down the R-Trem and swapped in three Duncans to replace the stock passive EMGs, which sounded fairly anemic and characterless.

Here it is with a homebrew beast.

Steinberger-Spirit-Oddvark.jpg
Yeah the padded bag came with it but it also,fits in my DIY lap steel cas that is a hard plastic arrow case…..cheap at sporting goods store.
7A7C298E-8D5C-4BD7-AEA4-C880F9EA9289.jpeg