NGD - Squier VM Custom Turn into CV50 BSB

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Seurdge, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Seurdge

Seurdge Tele-Meister

Hi !

Here's my buying story that happen last night. Kind of weird...

Yesterday I finally had the call from the music store saying that my new Squier VM Custom has arrived. I was really happy since the wait was a little more than a month. So went to the store, grab the box and go back right to my basement to unbox my new toy :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this step I just put a little hold on my unboxing footage to plug in my blues junior and have a little blast on this one... At first, nothing happen :) After being a little rough on toggling ferociously the pickup switch up n down I manage to have the neck pickup to work... Yeah, no big deal, I know that these electronic can be fixed anyway... So I start doing some scale up the neck and oooppsss... As I reach the 12th fret wanting to do my E stuff I just was obligated to admit that the note die very early. In fact I was unable to bend without losing the note ! I check the trust rod immediately but wait, the neck is bowed, a lot, and the electronic does not work... :eek::confused:

So... after a little thinking I just decided to go back to the store to give back the dog that I got...

I had In the back of my head the CV50 BSB that I have seen on the wall hehe :lol: A quick chat with the salesguy and a quick test ( before leaving this time ) and here she is !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like the tone from the bridge pickup on this one... Less the neck but anyway... Still, it was not my best day of chance since the tone pot dont work on this one but anyway, will fix it. I love it ! It scream !

2. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Wait, you got two in a row w/faulty electronics?

Wow. That stinks.

Should be a fairly easy fix though.

3. Seurdge

Seurdge Tele-Meister

Yup ! Only neck pickup works on the VM and the tone control fail on the cv

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

When you say the tone pot doesn't work what's happening.....or not happening? It could be as simple as the tone cap having come unsoldered at the ground or the lug. That's not uncommon as these guitars are shipped. I've even had it happen on ones that never left my house. It was just a bad solder joint to begin with.

5. Seurdge

Seurdge Tele-Meister

The tone control has absolutely no effect on the sound !

6. Diamond White

Diamond White Tele-Meister

The shop should really be sorting that out, before hanging it on the wall for sale. Poor show.

7. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

My VM Custom came with a dead bridge pup.

8. Hackney

Hackney Tele-Meister

I've understood that 5% pickup failure is the industry standard. Anybody else heard that?

9. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

Very nice and congrats on the new guitar. I love mine, just bought the vintage blonde one yesterday as well. Love them!

Corey

10. Seurdge

Seurdge Tele-Meister

I understand that the BSB has Allnico5 bridge pickup and the VB has Alnico3... Is there a great difference in sound ? I really love the bridge of the BSB but it seems that people here prefer Alnico3...

11. Seurdge

Seurdge Tele-Meister

It was an order and they give me the box without opening it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.