1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD: Squier CV50s Tele-- $45

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by NastyMojo, Jun 8, 2013.

1. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

So last week I picked up a JBP Artist Tele for $60,then today I sold it for $200 bucks! I get on Craigslist and I find a Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster for $75.

I talked the guy down $45. It came with a gigback and spare pickguard. I decided to check the pickups, and they are American Standard pickups!

What a score! The body has a chip in the wood near the jack,but thats it. Great setup no playing issues.

Good deals are still to be had, I also picked up a 1966 Hilgen Challenger Tube combo last week for $20 bucks. It even came with a amp stand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

cool ,shame those people where that hard up though

Congrats

3. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Great score, but I'm curious. Why'd ya swap out the vintage 5-hole pickguard?

4. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Super cool

it does not get better than that mate , WELL DONE , I just scored a Korg multi eff and turned it around for 300% profit . cool deal is a cool deal eh ? :cool:

5. Sidney Vicious

Sidney Vicious Friend of Leo's

Great scores -

more pics of that amp, please.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Yep they must have needed a cash awful bad to take that offer. Either that or it was so hot it would scorch your hands just to hold it.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yep.

I can see it now:

"No, sir, Officer, I had no idea this guitar was stolen. Yes, I know these sell for over $ 200 and are very popular and hold their value real well. Yes, yes I know a rightful owner could get $ 150 anytime he wanted to and could get $ 100 for it easy at any Guitar Center. No, Officer, I still felt it probably wasn't stolen; I think the guy and I just had an instant bond of friendship and if I'd visited with him for another 15 minutes, he'd have given me the guitar and his motorbike as well, for free."

;)

8. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

I didn't change the pickguard, the guy that I got it from said the guy before him changed it. I plan on buying one of those bakelite guards from StewMac. Also I am not liking the bridge pickup at all. Theres hardly any twang. Any pickup suggestions?

And yeah I will post more pics of the amp very soon.

9. manic manager

manic manager TDPRI Member

picked up a Squier Vintage Modified Surf Strat about two weeks about for $80 that is mint. Could pass that up. I bought a CV50 a few months ago and was thinking of trying a strat at these prices but for 80 I couldn't resist. I did have the balls to low ball him. He asked for 80 and he got 80.

Enjoy the git!

10. telequacktastic

telequacktastic Tele-Afflicted

I'd buy a neck for it and get that serial number away from public consumption... Just me though. That and the necks are too skeeny mini.

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I would go down to the local police station with the guitar and ask around if anyone has had one stolen.

Just say hello, let them know the price was so low you got to wonderin'.

That way, if there was an issue and the police got a report, they are gonna be very civil with you and you can almost guarantee they will give you all the benefit of the doubt. Later on if you go to sell it, there's a record you did your due diligence.

And if it was me, and yes I do not like these thin necks but dammit I would play it as is because the quality and the value is in the neck. Take the neck out of the equation and it is just another overseas cheapie partscaster I think.

12. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

I actually went to the police today :) There was no reported missing so I am in the clear.

I thought about gettin' one of those Mim Esquire Classic Series necks for it. I am probably gonna stick the CV neck on my Squier Affinity BSB. ..and then sell the Affinity neck on CL and put that money towards a new pickup for the bridge.

13. Jadguitar

Jadguitar Tele-Meister

Some people just don't know what they have.

14. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

wow! nice score!

15. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

Congrats!
    I just wish I could find one in our local CL for that price! :cry:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.