NGD: Squier CV VB Tele

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by glester, Mar 31, 2015.

1. glester

glester Tele-Meister

I'm loving the CV Tele line and already have a CVC. I've only had just about an hour with her so far, but we've already started to bond. The flame maple neck is beautiful and I personally like the wood grain pattern on this one. Hats off to Sweetwater for posting pictures of the actual guitar you are going to buy including the weight of each one. I believe this one is 8 lbs 3 oz. I was thinking that being pine it would be a bit lighter, but it was actually the lightest and the best looking one (IMO).

Auto-moved to Squier forum?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

nice...congrats.

3. nspeer

nspeer TDPRI Member

I'm with you on the Sweetwater policy of posting actual pix and weight. I just bought a guitar from them because of that.
    Love the Thinline. I have one in the natural. I suggest a 4-way switch if you want to add another dimension to your tone.

4. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

It's a beauty congratulations!

5. pebblemonkey

pebblemonkey TDPRI Member

Very nice indeed...I like mine blonde too;)

6. androo

androo Tele-Holic

Excellent! Well done on the neck grain, and I agree with you...I like the body grain very much. Mine is also blonde, but not nearly as transparent as your...which is good because I can see that it's not as purdy a grain as you got there.

Enjoy!

7. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Don't need to tell you about great score or how lucky you are to have a CV. Just kick back and play the hell out of it. That's where the real joy is anyway. HNCVD! :D:D

8. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

That's purdy. Congrats!

9. glester

glester Tele-Meister

Thanks all. I truly believe there two types of players out there: those that find the CV line (more specifically teles) to be one of the great values out there (with great quality) and then those that haven't had a chamce to play them (w/o too much bias against squier).

10. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

Congrats, nice looking grain on there. I'd like one of these to complete my CV collection.

11. Johnnyseven

Johnnyseven TDPRI Member

This looks like a beauty!

I wanted to pick one of these up too but found a BSB CV 50 on ebay for £190 close to where I live and snapped it up instead. I hear the pups in the blonde version are better than the BSB, but i'll probably change them out anyway as I love the Dimarzio Pre B-1 that I have in my US Standard.

12. nickd

nickd Tele-Meister

I have one of these. Sure, it's a little heavy, but it's one of the nicest playing guitars I've had.

Sometimes I feel like I need to buy a classic 50's tele, but this will do and in some areas is maybe better.

I've owned 2 CVC's in the past. The pickups in this are a bit grittier sounding with more mid range emphasis. Think Cropper, Perkins, Wootton sound.

13. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

Sweet ! . . .Nice Finish - Congrats to you -

14. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Very nice! I've been wanting one for months now. Maybe soon....

15. glester

glester Tele-Meister

I was very keen on the BSB but at the last minute I started looking at the VB. I have a feeling I might also be looking to complete my CV tele collection. I did want the Alnico 3 and that was the difference maker on my decision.

I don't consider them better or worse. It's like vanilla vs chocolate ice cream. Preference and sometimes you like both but feel like one more than the other.

16. SvenTele

SvenTele TDPRI Member

Beautiful!

While I ended up getting the Butterscotch, it was a very hard decision between that and the VB. The VBs look amazing!

BTW, how are you liking the A-3 pups?

Congrats and HNGD!

17. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

congrats! Love my CV!

18. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

Mine is also a VB and I love it. I confess I usually play a Clapton Strat but when I broke a string yesterday when playing with my band, I picked up the CV 50's Tele. I fell in love with it all over again and played it for the rest of the day - very pure sounding without being thin, and a fabulous playing neck too. It's still hard for an old timer like me to believe you can get this kind of quality at such a low price.

Congratulations!

19. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, those are sweet. Had 3 CVs, liked them all.

Even thought about getting a loaded body of the VB that's on eBay now... Best not spend the cash now but at $185, seemed like a decent deal.

Congrats!

20. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

Beautiful guitar! One correction, though. It's not a 'Flame maple' neck. It's hard maple. 'Flame' has a certain grain pattern, to it. Kinda looks like Zebra stripes a little bit.
    [​IMG]

The body grain showing through the paint looks fantastic. Those are great guitars. I love the Alnico 3 pickups in them. Very sweet sound, and great build quality for the price.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.