NGD Squier Bullet Telecaster

sammy1

TDPRI Member
Congrats!

If you can swing it, I would recommend spending just a bit more for Bootstrap pickups. Hand wound in the US, ridiculously cheap for the quality, and excellent pickups. Not excellent for the money, just excellent.
I have noticed a lot of builds on here using Bootstraps....I am not familiar with them......Have you used them in aBridge position on a Tele or Esquire?

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have noticed a lot of builds on here using Bootstraps....I am not familiar with them......Have you used them in aBridge position on a Tele or Esquire?

Not personally, though I have used their strat and humbucker pickups. Lots around here have. Take a look (or search) in the Just Pickups forum and you will find many reviews.

The Angle

Tele-Afflicted
I got the same guitar as the OP on sale a few years ago. Swapped the neck pickup and pickguard for a mini-humbucker and pickguard from Guitar Fetish, and added a mini toggle to the control plate for coil-splitting the new pickup. All told, I have under $200 in the guitar, and it's a fun, perfectly decent instrument. It hangs on the wall alongside my American Standard Tele and gets played almost as often.

IMG_20200414_092629898 copy.jpg