NGD: Squier Bullet Strat in Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Tiago, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Tiago

Tiago TDPRI Member

I’d like to thank/curse you all for the Jack Pearson mentions in multiple threads. I have a complicated history with Strats. Somehow, all the ones I had come through over the years never quite clicked with me.
    A few years ago, a friend of mine with a store tried to sell me a black Bullet and I say “meh, nah”. Boy, I was missing out.
    Yes, it’s a very affordable, Indonesian made guitar. Yes, there’s a little tooling mark near the headstock, and yes, the frets are scratchy sounding. Nothing that will not get fixed when I finally get around to restringing it giving it some TLC.
    The neck is ridiculously playable and comfortable (I tend to prefer fat necks, I have big hands), the faux rosewood is actually nice looking, and the pickups, particularly the neck one, have nice grit to them.
    But the reason I got it is that LPB is my favorite color, period. The photos online do not make it justice, it is very close to my second (third?, fourth?) hand CS Nocaster.

All in all, pretty happy with it, and like the Nocaster, it really plays well with my choice of fuzz pedal and amps. So far, I don’t see anything requiring replacement, and I can’t be arsed to switch to a mint green pick guard. I’ll just play the snot out of it.

And, because pics or it didn’t happen:
    EAB41638-620A-45F6-A921-47C55D5255D3.jpeg 2A09B2A1-0EAC-4E98-804C-A20A7C2EAA77.jpeg 49541153-FD8A-465B-B5AA-AF849B3FB5F2.jpeg

Edited for typos, ‘cause I’m like that

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

It looks great! I also like shades of blue when I am buying guitars.

3. Ronzo

Ronzo Tele-Afflicted

What year is this made? All those I see as ew products in LPB are hardtail models.

4. Tiago

Tiago TDPRI Member

The serial number suggests it was manufactured this year. I bought it new from Thomann (German giant online musical instrument store). Notice how the color doesn’t look at all LPB, but yet...

5. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

A very good looking guitar. I love blue color Fender Guitars
    Congratulations!

6. sunshine2002

sunshine2002 NEW MEMBER!

Nice looking guitar. What is your opinions after few weeks? Still a good guitar?
    I'm probably getting the same Bullet Stratocaster LPB tomorrow from Thomann. It's been travelling about a week. :)

7. Tiago

Tiago TDPRI Member

Still pretty great, nothing has fallen off, and the toddler always chooses it first when I ask him what guitar I should play. I guess he’s also into Lake Placid Blue :)

sunshine2002 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.