NGD - Squier Bullet "Limited Edition" MUSTANG

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by SecretSquirrel, Oct 23, 2019.

1. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I had seen these at GC weeks ago, but when I went back for one, they were out of stock.

Bullet LE Teles were on sale then at MF so I got one of those (as reported in the "bullet tele thread" somewhere). I was so impressed with it, I was certain I'd also then get the Mustang, which is probably from the same Indonesian factory.

Since I DO NOT NEED the Mustang, I hesitated for a couple of weeks. Then the other night on the GC site they had the same Bullet "Limited Edition" Mustangs on sale for $129.99—and it said they were IN STOCK at my local store!

This would be the test. Tonight I was rehearsing some stuff (using the new Tele of course) with the bass player and wasn't 'feeling it' so I said "Hey wanna go to Guitar Center?!" and off we went.

They had two out on the wall: an Olympic White and a Surf Green. Played the green one, it was okay, not bad, pretty cool but not grabbing me. I was almost off the hook, until I tried the white one for about ten minutes and that was that. It had a better setup, just right for me (nice low action).

I let them know that "ahem" MF had them for $10 less, and they matched it.

So I now have 24" scale covered. ;) It's a blast to play, sounds great, with two HBs it's got its own Fendery thing going on. Light weight, about 6 lbs. Gonna put .010 strings on it for sure, IMO the .09s that come on it are too mushy for the short scale. I might try some old Univox HBs in it.

All around huge thumbs up for value.

Took some pics right away when I got it home:

2019 Squier Bullet MUSTANG 01.jpg

2019 Squier Bullet MUSTANG 02.jpg

Do you see the gaffe?:
    2019 Squier Bullet MUSTANG 03.jpg

... Low E tuner is crooked as heck. That's pretty bad, B string tuner is off too, but I'm not too worried. (I may or may not fix it):

2019 Squier Bullet MUSTANG 04.jpg

Fret ends not super polished but nor are they sharp or sticking out, they're smooth and consistent:

2019 Squier Bullet MUSTANG 05.jpg

It's Indonesian Bullet week around here....

2019 Squier Bullet MUSTANG 06.jpg

Not sure what "Limited Edition" means; specs seem to compare to 'regular' Bullet Mustangs, so maybe the only difference is the colors offered?

GC also had a Bullet LE Telecaster on display (new stock just in), red sparkle like mine. I tried it, though, and I guess I lucked out because the factory setup on mine was much better. If I had tried that red tele in the store, I might well not have purchased it. (Maybe when guitar shopping I should take hex wrenches for surreptitious tweaks. :cool:)

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Congrats; cool little guitar, and 24" scale is fun to play around with. I believe you're correct - the "Limited Edition" is just that Olympic White and Surf Green are exclusives for GC/MF; the "regular" colors are black, sonic gray and dark blue.

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  3. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Holic

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

4. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Thanks! Playing it again this morning, no regrets, I love it!

A couple of nut slots are binding a little; will change strings today and widen the slots for 10's. Slot depth is good, I'll have to be careful (just had to refill/recut a nutslot on another guitar).

shupe13 likes this.
  5. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Holic

I'd try graphite first.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.