polimacs

TDPRI Member
It was Sunday, there was a guitar for sale, I discovered a newfound love for semi-hollows.

This guitar exceeded all of my expectations! Build quality is superb! Rolled freatboard, great humbuckers, low action, perfect intonation, really good tuners, perfect binding, beautiful top and back wood, elegant headstock. Tones are gorgeous!

New ones are around 600 euros, I got this one for 430 because it has a couple of superficial dings. I don't think I could've done any better aside from getting the Gibson. If you're thinking of 335 style guitar give Sire a chance.

Jumping from this one to my tele is like switching between a motorcycle and a pickup truck... o_O

20220321_222746.jpg

20220321_222821.jpg

20220321_222832.jpg

20220321_222911.jpg

Last edited:

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
Great deal! I don’t need a 335 anymore, but if I ever see a black Sire I might spring for it and sell my Gibson.

PhredE

Tele-Afflicted
My brother is a bass player. He has acquired a nice set of Sire basses (4 or 5?)
IIRC, all his were Indonesian made.

He asked me to touch up the frets on the oldest one just the other day. So, I had a good chance to look every one of them over in good detail. They are good instruments. I believe he also that Sire is introducing a new product line -- more geared at budget/lower-end instruments. I don't know any specifics about those or whether guitars will be introduced along with basses (or not).

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Indonesia.
I have not tried their guitars, but the Markus Miller bass they make I know well, and for the price, excellent. They seem to be doing something right
I have yet to see a bad instrument from Indonesia. I suspect they will only get better (and more expensive) over time.

Wallaby

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations, that is a really nice looking guitar!

This puts Sire on my radar, so to speak, thanks for posting.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I believe he also that Sire is introducing a new product line -- more geared at budget/lower-end instruments. I don't know any specifics about those or whether guitars will be introduced along with basses (or not).

That’ll be interesting. A mistake, I think, but what do I know? It seems like they are steadily gaining a reputation as superior instruments at MIM prices. That seems like a very comfortable place to cement a niche in the guitar business.

Stinger22

Tele-Meister
I have yet to see a bad instrument from Indonesia. I suspect they will only get better (and more expensive) over time.
Recently got a PRS Custom SE 24-08 which are made in Indonesia. As good a fit and finish on any guitar I own or have played, have yet to find a flaw. Plays wonderfully well. That has me looking more at the Sire line and the LC 335.

surfsup1955

TDPRI Member
Picked up a Sire V3 bass this past winter.. a few minor tweaks to the truss rod and saddles and it’s an excellent Jazz bass. Wonderful neck, pickups, 18v EQ, fit/finish.. just under $390 S&H, gig bag, taxes, etc (Thomann USA). has me thinking about an S7 next?

Oh and my Indonesian built Yamaha Revstar.. no finer (les paul-ish) guitar anywhere at it’s price. Going on 3 years with that one.

Last edited:

Terrygh1949

Tele-Meister
It was Sunday, there was a guitar for sale, I discovered a newfound love for semi-hollows.

This guitar exceeded all of my expectations! Build quality is superb! Rolled freatboard, great humbuckers, low action, perfect intonation, really good tuners, perfect binding, beautiful top and back wood, elegant headstock. Tones are gorgeous!

New ones are around 600 euros, I got this one for 430 because it has a couple of superficial dings. I don't think I could've done any better aside from getting the Gibson. If you're thinking of 335 style guitar give Sire a chance.

Jumping from this one to my tele is like switching between a motorcycle and a pickup truck... o_O

View attachment 964905

View attachment 964906

View attachment 964907

View attachment 964908
Very nice. Semi hollow is a Great guitar.

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter

View attachment 964905

View attachment 964906

View attachment 964907

View attachment 964908
Nice guitar - think the fit and finish is equal to a ES-335?

RRCaster

TDPRI Member

View attachment 964905

View attachment 964906

View attachment 964907

View attachment 964908

I bought an Epiphone 335 Dot a few years back on the cheap at a used guitar store, one of my favorite all time guitars........

......a bit of warning: do not, I repeat, do not, play a Gretsch Streamliner (or you will be owning one)

20220317_173348.jpg

Epiphone 335 Dot '99 f 1.jpg