NGD: Score of the year for me

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Mbechmann, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Since I moved from Dublin back to Denmark I have been looking for a new bass amp. I sold my TC Electronic and paid for the trip home through that :)

But that also meant that the only amp I had was a cheap 5 watt 3$ guitar amp, that I put a Jensen bass speaker in to see if I could use that. Well I couldnt :) It was still way to weak for even pratice.

So I was looking for a good amp - not the crap Chinese models - that I could use for church gigging as well as practice. But nothing was on the market. Searched high and low and just could not find any - which is rare for me :) I can usually find anything on the internet so this was getting me frustrated.

So this morning I decided I couldnt wait any more. I was going to the shops to spent 300$ on a midrange amp that I really didnt like. In 2½ weeks I have a concert gig so I couldnt wait any longer.

I started driving down there, but got a phone call saying he had to leave early. The other shop, well they had just sold the amps in that range and wouldnt get another one for another week.

At this point, I was getting P***** :).

So I went to have a look at at second hand newspapers again - as a long shut. Guess what. There was a home made one that was cheap. So I thought, what the heck. Lets take a look at it. I called the guy and arranged to meet.

Well I am SO glad I did. I got a semi-home made SW TSL100 watt bass amp + a 15" EV cabinet for 60$. It sounds amazing. The reason why the add said it was home made was because it was rebuild from a slave amp, into a bass amp. So its absolutely perfect for what I was looking for.

As a bonus I also got a CMI Electric guitar/Strat MIJ from around 70s. Missing half the saddles on the bridge + the tuners are from an acoustic on. After that guitar is fixed up, I will ship it to a school in Romania together with 2 acoustic guitars I have here.

All in all, I am SO happy about this. I saved a lot of money and get a much better amp than I was expecting :)

77ca-d27e-49f5-8d29-f9aa76a7d6fc.jpg 2651-6e06-4e12-b973-3a69602f221c.jpg ace7-ae0f-47a2-95b3-8a46a7014180.jpg 15af-8650-4ab7-9c55-63a9d1b1a960.jpg 556c-9535-471b-ba8b-f565a4834ba1.jpg

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Cool. And congrats.
    Where is the pic of the strat?

Mbechmann likes this.
  3. Mbechmann

Hehe I was just taking the pics now :)

IMAG0907.jpg IMAG0908.jpg IMAG0909.jpg IMAG0910.jpg IMAG0912.jpg

src9000 likes this.
  4. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

How many watts is it. Looks like a scoooooore to me!

Mbechmann likes this.
  5. Mbechmann

Its a 100 watt - and its LOUD :) Even at lvl 3½, its so loud that I shake the water in the glass next to me :)

6. troy2003

troy2003 Friend of Leo's

Nice!!! Sometimes things just have a way of working out!

Mbechmann likes this.
  7. Mbechmann

I still cant believe that I got such a great amp for such a price :)

8. Steve112

Steve112 Tele-Meister

Good score, Mbechmann. That's a lot of amp for what you paid. Yep, things have a way of working out, glad it was in your favor! :)
    Have a great gig!

Mbechmann likes this.
  9. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Now that's a bass amp...congratulations Michael.

Mbechmann likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.