NGD - Robert Cray Stratocaster

jamesepowell

Tele-Holic
I've wanted one of these for a while. My main problem with Stratocasters is that I do not like the whammy bar. I'm basically a Telecaster person; I like my bridges to stay put & I like my strings to go through the body.
IMG_0598.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
Congratulations on a nice looking guitar. Not much better than a NGD especially one you been waiting on for a hot minute. Hopefully she plays and sounds as good as it looks. Sunburst=beauty.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Congrats; I'd love to have a hardtail. I think that it's pretty cool that Fender has stuck with endorsing Young Bob with a signature model for as long as they have.

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah I also never use the trem system and prefer the hardtail. Congrats on a cool guitar!

knavel

Tele-Holic
I've wanted one of these for a while. My main problem with Stratocasters is that I do not like the whammy bar. I'm basically a Telecaster person; I like my bridges to stay put & I like my strings to go through the body. View attachment 939288 View attachment 939289
I've never seen the RC model in sunburst--that really looks great! Aside from hardtail is there any other feature that makes it a sig model? It just looks like a regular hardtail to me (which I prefer).

Have hardtails finally come to earn respect? I bought a 59 strat with slab board in the 1980s and it's a hardtail slab board. About 15 years ago I thought about selling it and kept reading "no one wants them" "hardtail = hard sell". This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I love it; it's a surf monster and basically the same as Dick Dale's 1960.

Congrats!

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
To my taste sporting a very sweet looking fingerboard like the one on your new Strat is always a big plus. Has that one got the large back of the neck shape the Crays were known for? Large C's are my favorite.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Congrats! HNGD!

I saw Robert Cray when I was 14 and it had a huge impact on my life and was a big part of why I picked up the guitar.

How is the neck? I would very much like one of these.

Reactions: BB