Ngd rescued squire CV telecaster

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Stratwrangler, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Tele-Meister

After being here past few days in tele land I had to get another:)
    I have finally rescued a squire CV that a friend of a friend was abusing , he had ripped the neck pickup out and started doing a terrible relic job on the neck i think trying to make it look like an old esquire.
    Luckily I stopped him before he got to the body. I will spend tomorrow sorting the back of the neck out and go from there but at the moment I really like it .
    Nice weight and nice bridge pickup, putting strat pickup in the neck position tomorrow sure ive got one some where. But so far I really like it. Only had it an hour or so.
    Will put some pics up tomorrow as going to bed now .
    What pickups and pots etc should be in this thing did these Chinese ones have the tone rider pickups?.

Matthias and 3bolt79 like this.
  2. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Should be A3 squier/tone rider if it's white blonde and A5s if it's butterscotch.

I've had both and still have a white blonde CV which has completely stock electrics.

The jack cup was replaced and it has a tort guard but otherwise it wasn't broke so I didn't fix it.

3. 3bolt79

3bolt79 TDPRI Member

HNGD....pics?

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

This is kinda like a GM truck plant where Chevy and GMC trucks are being made side by side. The CV's pickups and the Toneriders were made side by side; same people, same materials. They're just voiced differently.

I wouldn't sweat trying to restore it to this degree. Better to put some Keystones or some FCS No-Casters in there. These stock pickups (especially the T neck) did sometimes go bad. They're IMO not the "star" of the product in any way. They're useful - didn't need to be ripped out. But, others are evidently a better sounding pickup for most guys.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.