NGD - PRS Silver Sky

Sinner1980

Tele-Meister
Hi All,

I sold my 2016 AV52 tele… Although it was a nice guitar I didn’t really get along with the weight of it and was a bit disturbed by all the chips flying off by even looking at it. I don’t have this issue with my AV59 strat, which was built in the same year. Luckily they’re in high demand and I got a really good price for it!

I’ve been lusting after a Silver Sky ever since I played one in 2018. PRS did sone nice upgrades in 2020 and 2021(nitro finish, lower output pickups, taller frats, thicker neck profile) and I was lucky enough to find one in stock as they are quite popular still.

Anyways, here’s my 2022 Silver Sky in polar blue:

989D8ADF-89B0-43FA-9AB8-0B6F4A99AD43.jpeg

431E8223-13FF-4CC8-AB6A-3AEECC135543.jpeg

C767578D-3D17-4A0C-BCD1-0F3B05E54067.jpeg

I can’t get over how amazing it plays and sounds. Fit and finish are superb and I really can’t seem to put it down.

I’m dead set on getting a maple neck version as well in the near future. The hype is real, they are absolutely stunning guitars!

CVS54

TDPRI Member
I have both a Maple Neck and Rosewood fretboard versions. They are both great Strat guitars and you will hear and maybe even feel the difference. Enjoy. I took my old trusted Strat and put Seymoure Duncan Red Devil picks ups on it and it is now no longer a Strat. Sounds more like an LP to me.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Very nice! I go back in forth between polar blue and midnight rose as my favorite color on the SS; both are hard to photograph but I think you captured the polar blue really well.

Sinner1980

Tele-Meister
So how are you liking it?
I guess I’m past the honeymoon phase by now. It’s a great guitar and an absolute quality instrument. Although it might resemble a strat it does play differently than my Fenders, making it an instrument with a character of its own. I love the neck and the perfect amount of slack in the strings which makes playing it pretty effortless. Highly recommended!

Tubeboy

Tele-Meister
Nice guitar hope your enjoying it! I like the fact that you were open minded enough to go for a PRS and aren't like:"it doesn't say Fender on the headstock " or " I don't like the headstock." Or "fill in the blank ".You chose because you played one and liked it and that is what matters most. Some of us get way too hung up on brand associations instead of seeing a great guitar for what it is.