1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD! PRS SE Tonare T60E!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Iceman0124, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Tele-Meister

NGD! PRS SE T60E. This beast is beautiful, and playability is on par with my Korina McCarty, …..initial impressions on tone weren't favorable though, quiet and muted, however after 20 minutes or so of playing I can feel the top getting much livelier, and the tone getting much more complex, I've experienced this with pretty much every brand new acoustic I've had, the date on her is Nov 2018, , what I've been hearing after a couple hours leaves me very hopeful, took some quick and dirty pics, hopefully get her setup, board oiled up and proper pictures soon....So far I am pleased overall!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The more I play, the better she is sounding, still smells VERY strongly of glue and wood. The Ziricote is just stunning, I get lost so easily staring into it.....think I have a winner here!

2. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Happy new guitar day and congrats on observing that new guitar smell.
    Lovely pics.

Peace - Deeve

3. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Tele-Meister

Decided I'd pull the strings from the bridge, clean up the board wich was much more dull looking than it should be, then put the strings back with new black/abalone pins....easy right......no.....dawned on me I dont think I've ever had an acoustic with bridge pins....at least not long enough to change strings...pins were much harder to pull than I anticipated....and the new ones.....the low e cant do better than half way....and removing after ...already wrecked my brand new pin puller....the others will go 3/4.....so I decided I need an adult, so she is sitting in the case with no tension, and it could be a week or so...…...which really sucks....

[​IMG]

On a brighter note, I love the light figure in the ebony board!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the inlays are amazing,

[​IMG]

Hopefully she be strung proper soon......this is worse than the wait for delivery......

Treynor and brookdalebill like this.
  4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Beautiful guitar!

5. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

Congrats on a gorgeous guitar...enjoy!

6. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

If you sand a slant on to the bottom of the bridge-pin (slant facing to the front) then that allows the ball-end to slide off the bottom of the bridge-pin and jam in to place. It helps if the ball-end is aligned 'in-line' with the guitar so it can 'roll' off the slant more easily.

7. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I don't understand the bridge pin problem from your description. You can't get the original bridge pins back in the slots? I've never owned a "brige pin puller" so don't know what's going on there, but you can always take a pair or pliers and wrap the jaws in a cloth rag and pull them out if it's too hard to do by hand. In 30 years of guitar playing I have never needed to take an acoustic to somebody to change the strings, maybe I'm missing something.

8. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Tele-Meister

I cant get the new pins in properly, the original pins were so tight there is no way I could have pulled any by hand, as the pic shows. none of the pins are all the way in, and the low E is in the least and will the hardest to remove as it sits.....I've heard this is a common problem, and one I feel best left to someone more experienced than myself with this particular guitar, shouldn't have this problem again after getting her setup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.