NGD: PRS DGT SE

doctymie

Tele-Meister
About a month ago, I went down to my local dealer to see about ordering a new PRS DGT SE Goldtop. As luck would have it, they already had one on order so, I paid my money and it was mine when it arrived. I picked it up yesterday and this thing is awesome. I've been a fan of David Grissom since I used to see him back in the late 80s/early 90s with the Joe Ely Band. I couldn't bring myself to splurge on the core model, but this thing is soooo good. I'm mostly a single coil guy who prefers 60s era Teles (64AV, Page mirror, Muddy Waters) so this thinner width neck at the nut takes my hand some getting used to. But the tones you can coax out of this thing are amazing and when you add the coil tap, it gets even more versatile. I opted for the goldtop because I'm just not much of a fan of bursts or flame tops. And the moon inlays on the goldtop are just beautiful. Tim Pierce says this is the BEST guitar available for under $1k and I would have to agree. I think now there's a bit of a wait for these, but the wait is worth it.

dgt_full.jpg dgt_moons.jpg

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have to admit I’m super curious about these. I know I won’t buy one, because I’m nuts and I know I won’t be happy unless I have the core model. I could buy the SE, but I’d never keep it cause I’d keep thinking I really wanted the other one.

But I do really want to play one. Just to see how good they are. All reports so far are that they are fantastic.

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
Good to read another positive review, most have been good.
I ordered a Goldtop version from AMS, hopefully it won’t be too long.
I was going to order from Sweetwater but they told me it would be 6 months wait , that was a few weeks ago so probably even longer wait now.

A year or so there will most likely be some used ones available but I guess that depends on production numbers and whether buyers keep them.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have to admit I’m super curious about these. I know I won’t buy one, because I’m nuts and I know I won’t be happy unless I have the core model. I could buy the SE, but I’d never keep it cause I’d keep thinking I really wanted the other one.

But I do really want to play one. Just to see how good they are. All reports so far are that they are fantastic.
Just reading the specs, knowing the materials used ( woods, pickups, coil tap and whammy bar) and hearing it in demos,

It really sounds like PRS really did fuse a Les Paul with a Strat, and make it affordable too!

I bet I'd LOVE the Sunburst one!