1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD Paranormal Thinline Cabronita

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by TeleUpNorth, Apr 13, 2021.

1. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

UPS is out for delivery with my Fiesta Red Thinline....being a former UPS driver it’s amusing being on the other end waiting....

2. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Cue up the Carly Simon . . .

3. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Tell me about it Ups said that they tried to deliver of friday and this monday , NOT ! NOT ATTEMPTED DELIVER NOTE ...
    i'VE BEEN STAYING AT HOME WAITING NOTHING ,

WHOOPS SORRY ABOUT THE RANT , i HOPE YOUR PIECE ARRIVES REAL SOON AND YOU CAN BLISTER YOUR FINGER LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW. Fiesta Red Thin Line, , parchment pickguard ? I've never played a thin line Enjoy your guitar,.

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  4. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

And UPS made it. First impressions are great. I like how it feels. It’s more coral to me than Fiesta Red, but semantics. Needs a good setup (that’s for sure), but fret ends and the fretboard feel great. Was a little upset that the pots were basically falling out of the body (contacted the seller). Tomorrow I’ll have some time to crank up the P90s and give it a good run. 67159D5A-8ED2-41B8-A822-5ABC96D1A808.jpeg DA9F852F-B64A-47AA-AC1B-75EB5DFEDEB0.jpeg 96F787C9-9378-4DF5-841D-0A20942BF3A3.jpeg

5. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Beautiful. Congratulations.

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  6. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

Put some 12’s on it today and got everything intonated and set up where I like it. Wow. It sings. It resonates extremely well and there is wonderful clarity in the grit of the pickups. I’ve always felt a P90 equipped Tele is the perfect t midway point between the Gibson and Fender tone. Still has clarity and jangle/twang, but that girthy grit is there. Played it cranked (volume at 3.5 on my 40 watt Trainwreck style amp) for a good hour today and it’s going to be a keeper. 38313912-43C5-4F04-B56B-9357B0873970.jpeg

7. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

A few more thoughts after reflecting. The neck is a little chunkier than I was guessing, which to me is a good thing. Not as baseball bat as the ‘76 Thinline I had for a couple years, but larger than my 86 MIJ Bullet neck. Good for chording.

Pleasantly surprised that the pickups have cloth covered wiring.

Overall it punches way above its cost. I recently sold a Gibson 50’s Tribute LP that this kind of fills a hole from. Perfect for the jangly rock I write.

Flip G likes this.
  8. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

If you want vintage Jazzmaster pickups... I put a set from Rose pickups in and now it’s less P90 and more jazzy

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  9. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

What a great looking Cab. Tear it up.

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  10. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Holic

Pretty!

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  11. Blister

Blister Tele-Meister

Nice guitar real nice enjoy yourself

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  12. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

Thanks guys! It’s got balls for sure, it’s a rocker. I’m pretty happy with how it sounds so far, so I’ll wait a bit and see how the pickups sound after the honeymoon period is over. Haven’t played much, feeling beat after second vaccine yesterday. Hopefully by Monday!

Flip G likes this.
  13. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Tele-Meister

Wow. Did you have to adjust the truss rod or intonation much?

14. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

Truss rod wasn’t far off. The action was set super high and intonation needed some tweaks. Nothing too bad, I’m used to it since I play in DADGAD.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  15. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

As i think i described i in another thread on these, you would be shocked at how good they sound with strat pickups which i was able to easily fit under the jazzmaster covers. If u happen to have some strat pups laying around, once the honeymoon is over u should give it a try. It's a very different sound than the stock pickups, but the QUALITY of the sound is thru the roof compared to stock. Tons of chime and crispness, far more percussive attack. Very strat meets tele vibe.

As to action, mine came well setup for most players probably but needed a setup for my needs which is very low action. I put a bone nut on it too, as with all squiers the nuts are the absolutley worse nut material ever devised by man. The action now and the neck shape makes it really fun to play. It's the cheapest of my 3 teles but it hangs pretty well with the others and is so light and fun to play i pick it up as often Tho with the stock pickups i almost sold it. Now u couldn't pull it out of my cold dead hands.

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  16. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

I’ll have to try that once I get over the enjoyment of these pickups!

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the neck shape is on this. It feels great.

17. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Well, maybe you're likes with respect to tone are very different from mine, so who knows whether u will prefer it. As to the neck...i too like the shape. I prefer thicker necks these days but this one has a shape that makes me feel ok about the thin-ness. It's got that little extra shoulder that more and more i am finding is whats missing in most thin necks making them feel like there's nothing to grab onto. It's really a great neck for those who want the playability of a thin neck without the overly thin feel. If the CVs were like this i probably would ever have sold most of them ! (owned every CV model and all got sold mainly due to too thin necks)

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  18. SonicMustang

SonicMustang Tele-Meister

Oh MY! This makes me want one VERY badly. Glad you are enjoying it

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  19. Flip G

Flip G Tele-Meister

Admit it! You wouldn't know this song without this Heinz Ketchup commercial!

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  20. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

That's hot

TeleUpNorth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.