NGD On the way

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by MerleJam, Mar 8, 2019.

1. MerleJam

MerleJam Tele-Meister

Just recently heard about Harley Benton and was intrigued. I wasn’t necessarily looking for a guitar but thought what the heck..I could use a 335ish guitar. As cheap as it is, I’m not expecting the build quality of a $1000 guitar..but the negative things I’ve heard people say about them I have seen on Gibsons that cost 2k+. Sooooo when it arrives I’ll let ya know how it goes! I bought the black hb-35. It said it was 2-5 days to get in stock and I am not sure of shipping times.

Attached Files:

Zepfan, lineboat and 6String69 like this.
  2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Played a HB SG Custom at GC yesterday. Very nice workmanship, congratulations!

MerleJam likes this.
  3. MerleJam

MerleJam Tele-Meister

Just arrived today. Overall I am pleased. Carrying it for a setup tomorrow as the strings are a tad higher than I like. Main issue I’m having is that it doesn’t want to stay in tune. Could be the strings, nut, the cheap tuners or most likely a combo of it all. I really like the neck. It’s a chunk. I’m surprised how much I like the 13.? Radius. I wouldn’t say it’s on par with the fit and finish of the CV Squier I had, at least not right out of the box. Some praise for Thomann...after hearing a lot of HB owners say their guitars arrived with rough frets, I contacted Thomann and asked that they make sure the frets are in proper order and not in need of a polish. It showed up with the frets in pretty nice shape and appears they polished them.

4. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Pretty amazing that you have to remind a dealer to polish frets because the maker doesn't. Maybe they'll just ship you a box of parts and you can do the assembly, too.

5. MerleJam

MerleJam Tele-Meister

I think the frets needing a polish is part of the sub 200 price tag.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.