NGD: OLP MM Benji Madden Sig, and a surprise package!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by StrangerNY, Dec 15, 2019.

1. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I ordered this one off of Reverb a week or so ago, and it came in a day ahead of schedule (thanks, UPS!). It's an OLP Benji Madden signature. I'm not really a fan of Good Charlotte, but for some reason the guitar looked interesting to me (I dig the body shape) so I ordered it. Pretty cool little guitar.

[​IMG]

First off, I was surprised at how small the guitar actually is! Compared to the average Tele it's about 4" shorter, due to the smaller headstock and overall smaller body. The maple neck is nice, with medium frets. Played pretty nicely right out of the box, and the pickups have been swapped out for an Artec Alnico 5 in the bridge and a Super Twang neck pickup. I may switch them out in the future, but they're staying put for now. And the neck pickup is actually a nicely done mod - I understand that these guitars usually just come with a single humbucker. Whoever did the mod did a nice clean job!

When UPS delivered it, they dropped another big box off at my door. An old friend was having trouble with his web site earlier in the week and he called me for help and I was able to get him straightened out. We always swap gear back and forth, so he said he'd 'send me something' for helping him with his site. I opened the box and one of these was inside.

[​IMG]

A nice little Fender folding stand! It'll come in handy on future gigs.

- D

shupe13, smartsoul72 and Fiesta Red like this.
  2. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nice. I like that body shape more than the current Sterlings (although I have a soft spot for the Albert Lee). 25.5” scale?

StrangerNY likes this.
  3. StrangerNY

Yeah, just looks shorter. :)

Even my wife, who seldom notices such things, looked at it when it came out of the box and said 'That looks really small!'

- D

4. Dan German

Also, you’ve made your “what did you get this year” thread obsolete...

StrangerNY likes this.
  5. StrangerNY

I did have this one listed, since it was incoming at the time. ;)

I just noticed that this might be the only guitar I've got with a humbucker and maple neck. Could prove interesting...

- D

Dan German likes this.
  6. Dan German

Yes. Yes you did. I guess I was blinded by the Steelcaster.

StrangerNY likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.