NGD old Aria at garage sale. Update: bridge looks bad.

Freeman Keller

Poster Extraordinaire
^^^ PM sent

Jim, this is the perfect guitar for someone like me who wants to learn guitar repair but doesn't want to tear into a vintage Martin or something to learn on. Both the bridge and brace repairs are reasonable but will take some special tools (I've shown that with the bridge already). There is an additional problem that very likely the neck angle is bad, you can only really measure that when the bridge and brace have been fixed. So this could be an on going project or could become expensive. Your repair person could be seeing other things beside just the bridge and brace.

One nice thing about learning on a guitar like this is that you really aren't out much if the repairs don't go well. This was exactly the kind of guitars I sought out as I was learning to reset necks and fix other things - 50 dollar yard sale specials, old guitar that friend found in the basement.

Too bad you aren't close to me, we'd just go out to the shop and do it.

Last edited:

jimdgreat1

TDPRI Member
Found a local guy that works on them as a hobby. He seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem and is a fan of the old Japanese made guitars. I'll update in a week or so.