NGD - Noventa Telecaster in Vintage Blonde

Martocaster

Tele-Meister
I was browsing Fender's website when I saw this strange Tele-looking guitar called a Noventa Telecaster. Once I found out it was a P-90 equipped Tele I became more interested because I love the sound of a P-90 pickup. I saw that there were some Noventa Teles in stock locally so I dropped by to check them out.

I thought I would prefer the Fiesta Red version but wasn't all that keen on the colour once I saw it in person. But when I saw a Vintage Blonde one hanging on the wall I knew that was the colour I wanted. The one they had in stock played well so I bought it.

The P-90 on this guitar sounds different than what I'm used to with Gibsons. I find it sounds too bright with the tone control at 10 but it smooths out once I roll back the tone a bit. The pickup is also quite sensitive to small changes with the volume control. I don't mind that it only has a single pickup because I rarely use the neck pickup on a Tele.

It's MIM, has an alder body, '60s C-shaped neck, 9.5" radius fretboard, and medium jumbo frets. The grain of the wood shows through on the Vintage Blonde finish and on my guitar they matched the grain of the pieces really well. I assume it has a 2 or 3 piece body but I can't find any obvious join.

Fit and finish is very good and mine weighs 7.4 lbs. I think this model with the half pickguard and single P-90 looks pretty cool but some people seem to really dislike it. I think it's on the pricey side for what you get but what the heck, you only live once.
Looks great, I think you chose the best colour. I'd love to have a go on one. I have a cabronita that's just as sensitive to a tiny tweak of the one control. On full it sounds a touch harsh but the slightest decrease in the volume knob smooths it out nicely.

I think your string tree might need straightening!

sonny wolf

Friend of Leo's
They're pretty cool guitars...not something I'd buy because I already own a Gibson Les Paul junior but it is a nice model to own if you already own a regular Tele and want a second one with a different sound.I think the extra brightness you are hearing is also due to the Fender style construction with the Maple neck and 25.5 scale length compared to a Gibson 24.75 length and mahogany neck so it will still sound very much like a Fender more than a Gibson.Nice guitar..looks great in blonde!!

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
That's a lovely guitar- but I need the second pickup, for what i do.....

IMG_20190703_111000352_HDR.jpg

BoneDigger

TDPRI Member
Very nice guitar! I own a Noventa tele and a Noventa Strat. I am obviously a huge P90 fan! My tele is the red color and I changed the neck out for a roasted maple version. These are just great guitars!

19sixty3

Tele-Meister
Very nice guitar! I own a Noventa tele and a Noventa Strat. I am obviously a huge P90 fan! My tele is the red color and I changed the neck out for a roasted maple version. These are just great guitars!
Hi mate! I have exactly the same Noventa - also in Fiesta Red. Wonderful guitar! Only the neck is not my favorite - neither from look nor from feel. You would do me a big favor if you would share some photos of your Noventa with the roasted maple neck! Thanks in advance!