NGD - Noventa Telecaster in Vintage Blonde

ZenGuitarist

Tele-Afflicted
I was browsing Fender's website when I saw this strange Tele-looking guitar called a Noventa Telecaster. Once I found out it was a P-90 equipped Tele I became more interested because I love the sound of a P-90 pickup. I saw that there were some Noventa Teles in stock locally so I dropped by to check them out.

I thought I would prefer the Fiesta Red version but wasn't all that keen on the colour once I saw it in person. But when I saw a Vintage Blonde one hanging on the wall I knew that was the colour I wanted. The one they had in stock played well so I bought it.

The P-90 on this guitar sounds different than what I'm used to with Gibsons. I find it sounds too bright with the tone control at 10 but it smooths out once I roll back the tone a bit. The pickup is also quite sensitive to small changes with the volume control. I don't mind that it only has a single pickup because I rarely use the neck pickup on a Tele.

It's MIM, has an alder body, '60s C-shaped neck, 9.5" radius fretboard, and medium jumbo frets. The grain of the wood shows through on the Vintage Blonde finish and on my guitar they matched the grain of the pieces really well. I assume it has a 2 or 3 piece body but I can't find any obvious join.

Fit and finish is very good and mine weighs 7.4 lbs. I think this model with the half pickguard and single P-90 looks pretty cool but some people seem to really dislike it. I think it's on the pricey side for what you get but what the heck, you only live once.

Attachments

• Noventa1.JPG
    Noventa1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Noventa2.JPG
    Noventa2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Noventa3.JPG
    Noventa3.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Noventa4.JPG
    Noventa4.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 162

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I like the Noventa Tele. Insteresting factoid on the maple neck Noventa: the neck is two piece; i.e. the fretboard is separate like a rosewood board on a maple neck, and no skunk stripe.

West44th

TDPRI Member
Congrats. A real beauty!
I really like the Noventas and the Cabronitas too.
Not enough cash, only dreams unfortunately :(

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Congrats, enjoy!

I do like the look of the Noventa Tele, and a P90 is very tempting: however I do use the neck pickup quite a bit so I'm not sure it would be the guitar for me. However I have pointed out here before that the Noventa Strat (2x P90s, hardtail!) also looks like a great idea...

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
If they made that an esquire without the switch I’d be all over it!

I’m just not into p-9O’s, I think it’s cool either way

Wish they’d do more maple cap necks :(

WelhavenTW

TDPRI Member
Congrats. Noventas are great guitars. I’ve the red Noventa strat myself. I did change the pups and pots, though. Just because I wanted to have a guitar with my favourite P90s; the Amber P90s.

Here’s my Noventa:
3D8EC342-A302-41E7-9477-0E5ABD52A055.jpeg

Last edited:

John C

Friend of Leo's
Nice; I spent a little time with one of these at a local store (same color) and they are a cool guitar! If I hadn't recently picked up 2 other guitars that one would have followed me home, but it's on my list for a future addition.