NGD! Nash T-63 Seafoam Green!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by GaryOsborne, May 8, 2014.

1. gee.

gee. Tele-Meister

Wow! What a cool unique lookin' guitar. The subtleness of relic really works for that color. Seafoam can look a little garish and plastic if its too shiny. They did a great job. Looks like a comfortable player too. Nice score. Congrats.

2. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

I wonder about the lollar's as well. Like, are they just vintage Ts? They definitely have some growl to them for single coils.

3. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Always! She's not happy, I'm sleepin outside. And there's nowhere to plug my amp in out there.

4. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

That's quite a partscaster! I love those Baja necks. I was really worried I wouldn't get on with this neck but it's perfect. The 10" radius makes up for the slim profile, I think. So it feels wide and a little shallow but not too much. Nash calls it a RC on the tag, which someone told me means Regular C. I'd be interested to check out a Nash with one of his boat necks.

5. Tele Belly

Tele Belly Tele-Meister

Love a Tele with a fat neck. That is one sharp guitar.

6. Alex W

Alex W Friend of Leo's

Beautiful!

7. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

I always worry about thinner 60s styled necks but after awhile they feel just as comfortable as the fat 50s necks.

Guitar looks cool!

8. srmd22

srmd22 Tele-Meister

Huge fan of Nash guitars - hard to explain why they are so great to the unconverted. Not sure about the tele's but I have a Nash strat with special wound lollars that is one of my fav sounding axes of all time. Same sea foam green color as your T, and same very light relicing. Really comfy and toneful guitar.

9. gregorypause

gregorypause Tele-Meister

Congrats. Love the color.

10. k.l.k

k.l.k Tele-Holic

the nashes i've played were awesome guitars.

worth sleeping outside for.

at least for a little while.

11. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

I was soooo worried about it that I almost didn't buy it. The seller was up front and told me that if I was use to fat 50s necks, I might have a problem with this one. But I think when someone's telling me about a neck, the easiest way for me to understand it is width(across the fingerboard) and depth (into your hand). This neck definitely isn't as deep as my old Esquire but I think it's wider. It has a 10" radius, versus the 7.25 of the Esquire.
    Now dies that mean the 10" radius is flatter than the 7.25?
    Whatever it means, it plays and feels amazing. I actually like this neck better than the Esquire's. I didn't think that was possible.

12. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

Yeah 10" radius is flatter. From how I see it a 7.25 would be more rounded thus making a thicker neck front to back.

Don't question it. :lol: You got a great guitar you like!

13. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

lol. Right on!

14. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Since it arrived, what is the rough percentage of time that is HASN'T been in your hands? 25%
    My wife loves that when I get a new guitar, I place it down the middle of the bed like Tristan putting his sword between him and Isolde.
    Then she hits me. :rolleyes:

Hey - at least I think it's funny. :D

15. wstarkel

wstarkel Tele-Meister

16. Slickster

Slickster Tele-Holic

not a very good pic ... but here's my T-63. Love this guitar. Light relic. Congrats on your new Nash![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Thanks!
    I've been looking for this info.

18. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

The more I play it the more I notice the subtle things in the relic job that really push it over the top IMO. I always assumed people only relic'd maple fingerboards. But he's done something to this rosewood board that is so subtle and cool looking. It's like he's worn the spots directly underneath the strings so that it's slightlylighter. So across the board it contrasts light and dark for each string. It's reeeeally subtle but I think it's so neat. I didn't even notice it, my girlfriend pointed it out. I'll see if I can get it to show up in a photograph. I feel like the attention to detail is comforting considering how expensive these guitars can be. It makes me feel like he cares and that it's money well spent :)

19. DerekMcTele

DerekMcTele Tele-Meister

:eek::eek::eek: Want . . . Bad . . . Must Have!!! :cool::cool::cool:

20. Jhw58

Jhw58 TDPRI Member

My sea foam green came May 6 th...just in time for my birthday on the 8 th. Been waiting for months. T63 sea foam green double bound. I got a maple neck. Not period correct but feels great. I bet the rosewood feels great as well. Lately I had really bonded with another rosewood...perhaps should have kept it in this one but never the less a great guitar. I will try to get some pics up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.