1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD: Nash S-63 Heavy Relic Black over Sunburst

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by CV Jee Beez, Feb 18, 2019.

1. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Holic

I traded my K-Line Del Mar for this. I liked the K-Line but, I also I didn't want to spend money and wanted a guitar with tremolo.

When I went to make the trade, there were no sparks or love at first sight. My 1st thoughts went from apathy to negative.

To me, the guitar felt sticky and moist (a little) and dead. It was kinda lifeless and felt heavy.

I got it home and cleaned it up. Took off the old 10's and put on some 9's.

I started playing and the guitar sounded and felt much better. I went to use the trem and it was stiff, ...way stiff. Without much thought and even less hesitation, I pulled the middle of the 3 trem springs.

That cured it. Now it's lively, the trem is responsive but more Bigsby like. Coincidentally, the relief is to my preference.

I've had Nash T type guitars and loved them but, this is my first S-type of theirs. The relic is a bit much but, I don't hate it and it doesn't bother me.

I'm primarily a tele player but, I think I always have to have a Strat too.

2. G-52

G-52 Tele-Holic

I like the look, congrats!

CV Jee Beez likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.