NGD - My first Tele

Scheckenbacker

TDPRI Member
Beautiful. Now move it away from those tools before you make a change you might regret.
I honestly can't think of a single thing I'd change. I love the pickups and it's already got the extra wiring options I'd consider doing. It's a rare guitar that has everything I want right from the start.
That one's a looker, congrats! How does she play and sound?
Sounds great. Plays mostly great. Needs a bit of sanding on the neck to reduce the stickiness of the poly. Otherwise, the fretwork is fine, if not impeccable. Not thrilled about the truss rod adjuster at the heel but it's set up great so no big deal. Previous owner has a bone nut installed and a really good set up. Can't ask for more!

Dadzmad

Tele-Meister
You will come to truly love this guitar - I have one like it (sonic blue) - it is a later model with a PF board that looks great. What makes these so special is the combination of pickups used. I like it just fine stock and plan to keep it that way. The moon was right and the stars aligned when they schemed out this model. Enjoy - I know you will.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Very nice. For my money those are the best Bajas (although the interwebs will tell you the 50s is the model to have), and that faded sonic blue is one of the two best Baja finishes (Desert Sand being the other one worth looking out for).
Enjoy!!

Scheckenbacker

TDPRI Member
You will come to truly love this guitar - I have one like it (sonic blue) - it is a later model with a PF board that looks great. What makes these so special is the combination of pickups used. I like it just fine stock and plan to keep it that way. The moon was right and the stars aligned when they schemed out this model. Enjoy - I know you will.
The pickup combination really is wonderful, except--EXCEPT--they goofed up by winding them the same direction and they're not hum-canceling. This. Drives. Me. Bonkers. I already ordered a Duncan Broadcaster, hopefully that will fix it 😁