NGD: My First Custom Shop Guitar - Double Esquire

UpstateDon

TDPRI Member
This guitar is special for many reasons. I had been oogling over this used double esquire for months at my shop. It sounded incredible and was so beautiful. Big tight lows, twangy, but still throaty. Beautiful flame maple neck. And the bound top. It also harkens back to the first "tele" I ever got to know as a kid - my friend's MIJ bound Esquire. To top it off, the wiring is cool. There is no tone knob. The back knob blends in the neck pickup in position one. Position two is the neck. Position three is the neck with a very useable capacitor that thickens the sounds, which I love for playing chet or jimmy bryant type stuff.

Well, the other day, I told my new fiancé that I thought someone had bought the guitar. It was no longer listed on the website. I was very bummed. I've played lots of good custom shop instruments, but had never owned one..was waiting to find the one that spoke to me. I thought this double esquire might have been it.

Turns out, my incredible fiancé went the the store after work and bought me the guitar for my birthday (which is on July 26)! She only had the instrument about an hour before telling be about it. I feel beyond blessed to have such an incredible instrument and partner.
double esquire 1.jpg

double esquire 2.jpg

UpstateDon

TDPRI Member
Well, the other day, I told my new fiancé that I thought someone had bought the guitar. It was no longer listed on the website. I was very bummed. I've played lots of good custom shop instruments, but had never owned one..was waiting to find the one that spoke to me. I thought this double esquire might have been it.
Don't ever get rid of either one, the guitar, or, especially, your lady.....:D

Congrats on both....

Thank you!

FenderLover

Poster Extraordinaire
Very nice. I hope you don't find out next month that your fiance used your card to buy it. I'd still keep both. Very thoughtful, on the same wavelength. Love a 2-tone burst!

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
This guitar is special for many reasons. I had been oogling over this used double esquire for months at my shop. It sounded incredible and was so beautiful. Big tight lows, twangy, but still throaty. Beautiful flame maple neck. And the bound top. It also harkens back to the first "tele" I ever got to know as a kid - my friend's MIJ bound Esquire. To top it off, the wiring is cool. There is no tone knob. The back knob blends in the neck pickup in position one. Position two is the neck. Position three is the neck with a very useable capacitor that thickens the sounds, which I love for playing chet or jimmy bryant type stuff.

Turns out, my incredible fiancé went the the store after work and bought me the guitar for my birthday (which is on July 26)! She only had the instrument about an hour before telling be about it. I feel beyond blessed to have such an incredible instrument and partner. View attachment 877605

View attachment 877606

I love stories like this. Makes you feel good all the way around!

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Congrats on both accounts. That's one beauty! (Better start saving for her birthday!).

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Very sweet. Especially not making you suffer until your Birthday.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
so thanks for sharing with us all how intelligent you friend is.
She sure knows how to keep a dog on the porch.
Beautiful thing to do for he that is previously spoken for.
great looking instrument, kinna the Corvette of the present.

PeteWaller

Tele-Meister
You got a great girlfriend your very lucky!!!!!!! Jesus H mine wd never do that.......not in a million years:( She loves you:)