1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD - MJT content, also help needed

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Crawldaddy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Holic

I emailed and Matt Jenny replied:

HI Errik………good to hear from you, I hope you are doing well!

-I am not able to date the Telemaster guitar, but that is definitely our work.

-we’ll continue to provide both USACG and Wildwood bodies. If you’re looking for a specific Wildwood body, then we can do it for you on custom order. Let me know what you have in mind for your project and we’ll go from there.

Thanks my friend!

Matt Jenny

MJT Aged Guitar Finishes

www.mjtagedfinishes.com

Very cool that the company owner replied in person; and verified it is 100% MJT! happy days!

d barham likes this.
  2. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Poster Extraordinaire

Not sure what the deal with the decal is...but it's got to go IMO. It looks silly in and of itself, plus it's incongruous with the general look of the guitar.

3. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Holic

Agreed, which is the main reason I have been going to MJT for the last 4 years to acquire strat and tele bodies via ebay. I simply love their work, but I am prioritising any purchases to bodies milled by wildwood.

heffus and garrett like this.
  4. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I agree on the Wildwood bodies being a bit better and more consistent. I have a MJT/USACG body and there are some obvious differences in the contours, heel depth and jack route.

Crawldaddy likes this.
  5. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Holic

MJT has provided me with 6 Strat bodies and I think 5 refinished bodies of my own. Always consistent work. The Wildwood bodies to me are the best of the best as far as contours go.

If I email them within a few hours I have a reply. Just easy to deal with.

Crawldaddy likes this.
  6. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Holic

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I reckon they eventually realised it looks kind of goofy and hence why they chose to redesign it to what it is right now.

That said, I'm happy keeping it as-is. Why change it when it's actually an original decal?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.