NGD: Mitchell Acoustic #2

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Octorfunk, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Octorfunk

Octorfunk Tele-Holic

I just received my 2nd Mitchell acoustic, a T333E-BST.

Mahogany, Auditorium sized, Fishman electronics.

My first Mitchell was very similar, but dreadnaught sized. I was very impressed with almost every aspect of that guitar, which is why even after swearing that I would never again purchase a guitar online, I pulled the trigger a couple days ago on this one.

I am not disappointed. Setup nicely out of the box, nice rich/warm sound, and sounds even bigger & full when plugged in. I'm not much for woods on guitars, so I have no idea what is solid and what is laminated, but this is a very lightweight guitar.

Like my other Mitchell, the neck on this one is very nice; they do an open-pore finish at this price level, which I like. Not sticky, not mirror smooth, but in between, with just enough of that wood grain feel to give it some texture.

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief, I just felt like something was going to be wrong with it. If you're ever in a GC you should pick one of these up and give it a shot. It really is amazing these days what you can get in a sub $500 guitar (this one was $256 shipped btw).

upload_2021-10-26_17-9-31.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-26_17-9-44.jpeg

2. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

We are indeed fortunate to live in the age of inexpensive, but good guitars............

Have fun!

Nahtabot and El Serio like this.
  3. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

I REALLY like that. Happy NGD!

4. Dukex

Dukex Tele-Afflicted

Looks good! Congrats.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.