NGD mini's

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by bftfender, Jun 29, 2020.

1. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

2012 Gibson SG Special 70's Tribute. Really dig the mini's, clear & aggressive. The in between sound is a lot of fun. SG Mini case (2).jpg SG mini out fr.jpg SG mini body.jpg SG mini sofa (2).jpg

2. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

:cool::cool::cool:

bftfender likes this.
  3. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Cool guitar, congratulations!

bftfender likes this.
  4. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I like that a lot. Did they come in other colors?

bftfender likes this.
  5. bftfender

was just reading the Gibson legacy page. Satin Cherry,Satin Ebony, Satin Vintage Sunburst & Satin Silverburst.

Think what is really impressing me as i ran it through some amps. The pickups are pretty balanced & are Alnico magnets.Not overly hot but a very nice grind to them & also a very cool clean. Was running a loop with the p90 SG Special. The p90 is just under it in darkness & they layer nice. Should make it pretty interesting in the recording. Have a dual pickup MM coming tomorrow..can that be the rad single coil been getting close to the last year in the hunt.

Jakedog likes this.
  6. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

That’s awesome, I’ve been bitten by the “sg” bug lately and thought about one of these as a affordable way to dabble, hows the neck on these, it’s not flat and skinny like a real 70’s is it?

bftfender likes this.
  7. bftfender

small hands...so necks are super critical. Its not thin..but its not a baseball bat. The profile is very nice for cords & then seems to work you into lead land. .Have been veering away from any super thin necks lately. Realizing if my hand is in a more natural relaxed position on the initial grip of the neck..seems to make chording more comfortable. Have a Fender Duo Sonic that has really encouraged me to take a stab at shapes i thought were out of question before.

Fretting out likes this.
  8. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Looks nice!
    Neck dive?
    I've had a couple of SGs and the balance was a pain, but they were old ultralights.

bftfender likes this.
  9. bftfender

I found that straps that are wider & have a rough inside work pretty good with Sg's. It sorta gives just enough friction to keep in place. Kinda made me laugh at myself. Each year i strap up higher & higher, guitar is starting to tuck against my body. . 30 years ago that bass was prob down at my knees.

telemnemonics likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.