1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD mim standard tele in lpb

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Jonne, Jul 18, 2015.

1. mattyboy

mattyboy Tele-Meister

Beauty! Congrats!

2. Jonne

Jonne TDPRI Member

I've continued to tweak the tele since July and now it is (maybe) starting to find its final shape. Went for a parchment pickguard instead of the black one after all, also changed the tuners to vintage style ones. Top hat switch tip too. Pickups are alnico pups now, neck from a CV and bridge from a classic 60s tele, planning on some CS Nocasters when I have the money, but these are just fine for now. Oh and pics to prove it all, poor quality but anyway:
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1447855437.038800.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1447855454.409513.jpg

3. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Beauty. When I was Tele shopping LPB and Artic White were my two favorite colors.

4. rsclosson

rsclosson Tele-Afflicted

Very nice! I love mine in arctic white! I did like you and put a vintage style bridge on mine. So far I left the pickup and pickguard the same. Did you notice any difference when you changed yours?

5. Jonne

Jonne TDPRI Member

You mean the pickups? I couldn't really compare the pickups side by side, but a clearly noticable difference is the lower output on these, which I like, less difference in output levels with my strats. I did like how the original pups sounded and didn't really need to change them, just happened to get these for a nice price and like working on guitars so.. One plus is that these are noice cancelling in the middle position, which the ceramics weren't I believe? As for the body mount/pickguard, purely cosmetics for me, don't think there's a sonic difference. Thanks for the positive comments, btw!

6. funff

funff Tele-Holic

That's a really nice guitar. Simple as that.

7. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

I was digging the black scratch guard. Totally changed the look in white. I just have a thing for black I guess.

8. Jonne

Jonne TDPRI Member

The problem for me with the black guard was that it was matte black. It looked a bit off against the glossy body finish. I'd like to try a gloss black guard on to see how I like it, they do look cool from what I've seen online.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.