1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD!! MIJ Ice Blue Metallic 62!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by chipbutty24, Oct 24, 2013.

1. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Picked this beauty up brand new from Ishibashi. Japan to Canada in 3 days. Bar none the best packaging job I've ever seen.

Decent setup out of the box. Beautiful finish with lovely binding. Very similar to my MIA Thinskin 62RI terms of feel and weight. Vintage frets though as opposed to the 6105s.

Sound is good but this one is in for the Esquire treatment. Will likely put a Wilkinson bridge on it with an AV62 pup and the Eldred wiring.

Before the mod though I plan to do an A/B comparison with my MIA for anyone who is considering purchasing an MIJ.

Here are the requisite crumby phone pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chippertheripper

chippertheripper Friend of Leo's

Oh man! That's a beauty!

3. christhebrit

christhebrit Tele-Holic

Love ishibashi, love mij fenders. That's a beauty.
    Be very interested to hear your a/b test

4. PaulStrattele

PaulStrattele Tele-Holic

Oooo, that's sweeet. HNGD

5. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

Looks great but still sad that people in North America have to buy from half way across the sea to get a double bound Telecaster at a reasonable price.

6. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Very true. When you look at the quality of the Japan stuff, the massive selection and the price gap it's almost a no brainer. I guess that's why Fender stopped importing MIJs in the first place. Not sure why that restriction has been lifted but I ain't complaining.

7. LindsayX

LindsayX TDPRI Member

I picked this one up the other day for just over 400 bucks (¥45,000). It's as new! It plays quite well, but needs a fret job. It has a couple of high frets, which lifts the action a little and suffers from the sharp fret edge syndrome. I'll strip it down over the weekend, level the frets, round off the edges, polish the fingerboard and string it up again. I don't really like the vintage bridge, so I'll probably put a U.S. bridge with string-saver saddles on it. The pups are the Alcino magnet jobs and good enough for me. I might change wiring down the track a bit, but for 400 bucks it's a winner!

Attached Files:

8. xFallenx

xFallenx Friend of Leo's

^^^^$400? Man I'm jealous! Congrats on that steal of a price! Old thread but I hope the OP still has and enjoys the guitar.

9. LindsayX

LindsayX TDPRI Member

Cheers xFallenx! Yeah, I'm pretty happy! It's only three months old. The guy I bought it off bought it new and decided he didn't have the time to play it. He's been trying to sell it on Craigslist Tokyo for three months. I kept offering him less than his advertised price as he was dropping his price. He eventually agreed to ¥45,000. Score!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.