NGD - MIJ Fender 62 Custom Telecaster Reissue

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Hodge, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hodge

Hodge Tele-Meister

So, long story short; I sold all my electric guitars! I decided to have a big clear out as I just don't have time to play that much these days. I was only down to two anyway; a 2013 Fender 72 Telecaster Custom Reissue, and a 2015 Fender American Standard Telecaster. I decided I just wanted one good quality (reasonably priced!) telecaster that I could mod to exactly how I wanted. My main problem is that I've never found a guitar that had everything I wanted going for it, i.e. right colour, right pickups, right grain, right neck etc. So, many years ago I owned a 1985 Fender 62 Custom Telecaster Reissue, it was a great guitar, and that particular year is pretty sort after these days. The one thing I never liked was the weight - it was ridiculous! So, I set out today with the intention of finding a newer Japan 62 Reissue with a more sensible weight. And i found it!

When I got 'Regent Sounds', they had 4 Japan 62 Reissues in the window: black, candy apple red, a blue of some sort, and a 3 tone sunburst. It was pretty much love at first sight! When I was handed the guitar; all I was thinking was "Please don't be stupidly heavy!" ... and it wasn't! Perfect. It played well, and sounded great, and the back of the neck had an amazing flame to it - which the other 3 did not have at all. There was a few tiny surface marks here and there, so I asked for a deal, and this was excepted. I am now the proud owner of a beautiful MIJ Fender 62 Custom Telecaster Reissue, and I couldn't be happier! I'm planning on taking the guitar in for some mods soon, the first of which will be to route the neck and fit a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbucker.

I've attached some pics for your enjoyment. Thanks for reading ;-)

Attached Files:

2. felis

felis Tele-Afflicted

Very nice, congrats.

3. Phrasemaker

Phrasemaker Tele-Meister

Great looking guitar, I hope you enjoy it loads. This current run of Japanese guitars is moving off the shelves fairly quickly. I've been looking at a couple which got sold. I really fancy one so need to man up I think, get one secured. Do they come with a gig bag? Not that it matters, just curious.

Thanks

Tim

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  4. Hodge

Hodge Tele-Meister

Yes, mine came with a gig bag, but the shop assistant did say they didn't arrive with one, how true that is I don't know. I just asked for one free ;-)

5. Phrasemaker

Phrasemaker Tele-Meister

Thanks, appreciate it. I just put down a deposit to hold a black, bigsby 62 MIJ, they look great with the binding. Not that I was planning on getting another tele, but they aren't going to be around for long and the bigsby version would be a great addition.

6. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Nice guitar!

7. grant53

grant53 TDPRI Member

You can't go wrong. I've got a CAR '62 and I hardly play anything else. I'm considering getting a 'spare' while they are still around.

8. Hodge

Hodge Tele-Meister

They also had the black bigsby version. Didn't play it but looked killer ;-)

9. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

Sweet guitars......but they're no "re-issues" ;)

10. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Beautiful guitar - congrats!

11. Hodge

Hodge Tele-Meister

Did some mods today! Ta da! ImageUploadedByTDPRI1441111934.026536.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1441111946.062650.jpg

12. Loobs

Loobs Tele-Holic

Nice, why did you take the original bridge off?

13. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats!
    I have an '85 verison of this too that I've had for nearly 20 years.... I liked it so much - and since they are closing Fender Japan manufacturing, it seems - I've just this week bought a (barely) used 2015 in LPB. I'll supply photos at the weekend. just unpacked it. Bought some USA '62 Custom pups to go in there too.

14. AviA

AviA Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

It is beautiful!!!!

15. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

Hodge, that guitar looks like the hotness!

Funny I had MIJ 52 reissue that I ended up selling because it was also stupid heavy.

Congrats on your 62, I hope you enjoy it!

16. grant53

grant53 TDPRI Member

Love my CAR, and i am also thinking about stocking up with another.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.