NGD- Martin 000C-16RTGE

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by NateD81, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:22 PM.

1. NateD81

NateD81 Tele-Meister

Thanks! I’m going to give your suggestion a shot when I restring in the next couple weeks or so.

2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

http://www.turnerguitars.com/products/guitars/40-series/turner-40-000.aspx

With quite a nice case but nothing else really has the bass response of a proper Martin. Been playing quite a few lately

Mine is currently tuned down half a step so I can almost bend it like an electric. I might do another half a step tonight

3. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Tele-Afflicted

I'll present the opposite opinion. I am a finger style player and build and play small bodied guitars almost exclusively - single ought, double ought, 12 fret triple oughts. I typically use longer scale lengths for my smaller guitars and brace them for light gauge (12-54) string at concert pitch. I frequently tune down or use altered tunings, I frequently play slide on these guitars, and sometimes I'll bump the first two strings a gauge for a little additional tension when tuned down.

I did a fairly extensive comparison a long time ago of different composition strings on the same guitar and decided that I prefer phosphor bronze, but that is up to each individual to decide. I also made the decision that the slight degradation of sound from lightly coated (Elixer Nanowebs) strings was acceptable for the increase in life and the decrease in squeak - I couldn't tolerate heavily coated strings (Elixer Polywebs).

Fortunately strings are one of the easiest things to change on an acoustic guitar and I believe they do impact the sound. The are cheap, and with the aid of a little digital recorder you can make up your own mind.

twangjeff likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.