NGD- Martin 000C-16RTGE

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by NateD81, Nov 7, 2019.

1. NateD81

NateD81 Tele-Meister

Thanks! I’m going to give your suggestion a shot when I restring in the next couple weeks or so.

2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

http://www.turnerguitars.com/products/guitars/40-series/turner-40-000.aspx

With quite a nice case but nothing else really has the bass response of a proper Martin. Been playing quite a few lately

Mine is currently tuned down half a step so I can almost bend it like an electric. I might do another half a step tonight

3. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Friend of Leo's

I'll present the opposite opinion. I am a finger style player and build and play small bodied guitars almost exclusively - single ought, double ought, 12 fret triple oughts. I typically use longer scale lengths for my smaller guitars and brace them for light gauge (12-54) string at concert pitch. I frequently tune down or use altered tunings, I frequently play slide on these guitars, and sometimes I'll bump the first two strings a gauge for a little additional tension when tuned down.

I did a fairly extensive comparison a long time ago of different composition strings on the same guitar and decided that I prefer phosphor bronze, but that is up to each individual to decide. I also made the decision that the slight degradation of sound from lightly coated (Elixer Nanowebs) strings was acceptable for the increase in life and the decrease in squeak - I couldn't tolerate heavily coated strings (Elixer Polywebs).

Fortunately strings are one of the easiest things to change on an acoustic guitar and I believe they do impact the sound. The are cheap, and with the aid of a little digital recorder you can make up your own mind.

twangjeff likes this.
  4. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

When it's your guitar, you do it justice by playing it. Accomplishment comes along if you play it enough.

Pretty cool $100 guitar!

Torren61 likes this.
  5. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

If you like Elixirs, then I would recommend the Elixir Phosphor Bronze Nanoweb 11s, and if they are still uncomfortable, then you can have a tech take down the bridge saddle some. But, I wouldn't recommend going any lighter, because even 11s lose some tone compared to 12s. I would recommend also taking some time to acclimate yourself to playing acoustic compared to electric, 'cause it's always going to be a little harder on your fingers, even after your calluses get built up. Silk and Steels will be easier on the fingers, but you'll lose some of the sparkly highs that bronze strings have.

Torren61 likes this.
  6. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I had one. Cost a bit more than $100.

7. swampyankee

swampyankee Tele-Holic

I have a 000C16GTCE. It has the standard PreFX electronics. I thought the RGTCE has the more deluxe PreFX Aura system.
    I bought mine new for $1400 or so. I was told to keep lighter gage strings on it. It was my main workhorse guitar for many years and still plays great.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.