NGD: Ltd Edition Performer Tele - Ash body, Blackguard looks, Humbucker, Maple neck

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
As I posted a few days ago, I was very taken by what seems to be a shop specific Limited Edition guitar from musicstore.de in Germany - a Performer Tele, with 'blackguard' looks (butterscotch, maple neck, blackguard).

https://www.musicstore.de/en_FR/EUR...rscotch-Blonde/art-GIT0052663-000#rating-area

I have been looking for a HB neck tele for a while, and was about to start building a partscaster when I saw this one by chance!

It was delivered a few days ago, but I only got time to open the box today - I am *very* happy with it. Lovely to play, really nice rolled edges on the neck - I didn't realise that it had Jumo frets (I am a vintage fret person!) but they have been a really nice surprise, with it being very easy to play. Not plugged it in yet, but I already like it much much more than the Gibson LP Special it replaces!

IMG_6598.JPG
IMG_6599.JPG
IMG_6600.JPG

Warhol

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
So nice ! Congrats !
And off course a good choice (HS)

Je m'y étais intéressé il y a quelques jours, lorsqu'elle avait subi une jolie réduc', mais déjà je n'aime pas trop acheté un instrument sur le net, et surtout les photos du site montrent un manche erable hyper "clair", presque blanc, ce dont je ne suis pas du tout fan. Or là, sur tes photos, ça semble beaucoup plus standard comme couleur d'erable .. un peu façon Tele 50's, et ça j'adore !
Tu dois bien te faire plaiz' avec ..

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Very cool, indeed. Congrats! You can never go wrong with Butterscotch/Blackguard. Going from Vintage frets to Jumbo is quite the sea change, though! My chords always sound sharp on those. Requires a super light touch (which I'm still trying to work on myself). Sounds like you've got the hang of 'em, though. I wish you smooth sailing. Happy NGD!

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
That is a looker for sure!

That grain is beautiful! One of the last regular production Ash bodies I would presume?

What's the weight?

Since the Performer body is almost vintage spec (except for too many holes on the pickguard and a poly finish) you could put a vintage neck on there, a 5 hole guard and you've got a gorgeous early 50s blackguard repro for dirt cheap.

Those tuners are way cool, too - modern specs, vintage looks - I put them on one of my Squiers with a little pin modification.

That's already pretty much a vintage blackguard but with 22 frets and headstock adjust truss rod.

Darn, that could be a lifetime keeper.

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
As I posted a few days ago, I was very taken by what seems to be a shop specific Limited Edition guitar from musicstore.de in Germany - a Performer Tele, with 'blackguard' looks (butterscotch, maple neck, blackguard).

https://www.musicstore.de/en_FR/EUR...rscotch-Blonde/art-GIT0052663-000#rating-area

I have been looking for a HB neck tele for a while, and was about to start building a partscaster when I saw this one by chance!

It was delivered a few days ago, but I only got time to open the box today - I am *very* happy with it. Lovely to play, really nice rolled edges on the neck - I didn't realise that it had Jumo frets (I am a vintage fret person!) but they have been a really nice surprise, with it being very easy to play. Not plugged it in yet, but I already like it much much more than the Gibson LP Special it replaces!

View attachment 925070 View attachment 925071 View attachment 925072

I had to come back and look again. . . is that a one piece body??? Can you take a picture straight on of the bottom by the strap button that shows the end grain?

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I had to come back and look again. . . is that a one piece body??? Can you take a picture straight on of the bottom by the strap button that shows the end grain?

I checked myself when I unpacked it, and it does indeed seem to be one piece. I’ll also post a pic for sure!

Thanks everyone for the comments too! :)

Garold_lime

TDPRI Member
Hmm, I am very tempted by one of these.
It would be my first Tele. I've only been playing a year or so.....
So I've played a player plus tele and really like the neck.The rolled edges etc. Do the the Performers have rolled edges there seems to be some debate about this?
Also, someone has offered me a an American Elite in butterscotch at pretty much the same price as a new performer. For some reason I'm leaning towards the performer. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm hopeless at decisions and there's so much choice!!