1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD - Lefty 50s Les Paul

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by johmica, Mar 7, 2021.

1. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

IMG_20210307_165801804.jpg IMG_20210307_165756468.jpg Shout out to Southpaw Guitars in Houston, TX. A lot of obstacles tried to make this sale fall apart, but the guys at Southpaw saw it through. This guitar rocks. IMG_20210307_165756468.jpg

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Beautiful!

johmica likes this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

gorgeous, for sure!

johmica likes this.
  4. Wallaby

Wallaby Friend of Leo's

Really nice, great pics!

Congratulations!

johmica likes this.
  5. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Friend of Leo's

Unusually dark cherryburst on that one. Really nice.

johmica likes this.
  6. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Looks like lefties are getting a bit more respect - HLHGD
    :cool:

johmica likes this.
  7. Telefsantasia1

Telefsantasia1 Tele-Meister

johmica likes this.
  8. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Yeah, after looking at the righties available at all the online box chains, I think that the finish might be an "Iced Tea." That's the closest I could find. This guitar is AMAZING!

9. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

3 things .
    Very nice guitar .
    I would be interested in hearing about the obstacles .
    This and my Rosewood Tele would make one grand photo .

johmica likes this.
  10. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

This model - a left-handed LP Standard 50s - is not readily available in a burst finish. Even the Gold tops are on back-order at most online retailers.

So Southpaw advertised one on their website for sale. I jumped on it as soon as I came across it in my searches. I called them up, they said that they still had it, and I placed the order. They provided tracking - everything was perfect.

Then, the package arrived, and when I opened it up, what I found was a lefty Standard 60s model - not at all the guitar I had ordered. I contacted them, and things got even hairier. Not only had they accidentally shipped me the wrong guitar; not realizing that it was already sold to me, they had also sold my guitar to someone else in the interim. All completely by accident, I have no doubt whatsoever; but still, it was a tough spot.

They immediately sent me a shipping label to get the 60s model back at no expense to me. Obviously, I could have asked for a refund at this point, but Southpaw assured me that they could get another 50s model in a burst finish directly from the factory within days. Even though it wasn't the guitar I had agreed to purchase (and seen photos of), it was still a (rare) lefty 50s model Standard in the finish I wanted, so I told them that I'd be happy with the substitution. Things looked like they were going to work out just fine. But then, before I could ship the 60s model back to them . . .

The ice storm hit.

That delayed everything a week or so.

After a pretty stressful month, though, I've got the guitar that I wanted, and it's every bit as beautiful as the first one. I'm not very good at taking photos, but the flame on this guitar is amazing. The pickups are the lower output Burstbucker 1 & 2, the set-up is as good as it gets; I mean, this guitar is just amazing.

And I want to make clear - Southpaw stood behind their sale 100%. I had never dealt with them before, and I'll admit that at a couple of times during the process, I worried that I was getting taken for a ride. Nothing could have been farther from the truth. They did everything in their power to rectify the initial mistake, they stayed in constant contact with me throughout the entire process, and they reached out as soon as the guitar arrived to make sure that I was happy with the product. Despite a rough first transaction, I would not hesitate for a second to deal with them again. They've already proven to me that they'll see it through to the end, even if things get hairy.

11. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Sometimes , it just doesn't work out exactly as planed . A little patience and it worked out correctly .
    I've never had a bad experience with Southpaw .

johmica likes this.
  12. logans_tele

logans_tele Tele-Meister

Man, that's nice! Nice even, dark rosewood... congrats.

johmica likes this.
  13. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

johmica likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.