NGD - Lava Me 2 Carbon Fiber

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Well, after procrastinating for at least a year, I pulled the trigger on one of these little guys.
20220620_232727.jpg

It's a 3/4 scale carbon fiber travel guitar, with their FreeBoost effects system.

I've only had it for a day so no demo clips yet, but honestly I'm struggling with it a bit. The smaller scale, the Elixirs (not a fan), and what I call "The Ovation Effect." This little thing just wants to slide off my lap constantly.

It's a pretty slick little package. It feels like it was made by Apple: sparce instructions, cool packaging, etc.

Here are some deets:
Top: Super Airsonic (Carbon Fiber Composite)
Body: Airsonic (Carbon Fiber Composite)
Neck and Fretboard: HPL
Effects: FreeBoost volume, reverb, chorus, delay
Frets: 18

The effects are pretty cool, they happen inside the guitar body so you can play acoustic anywhere with lush effects and no amp.
20220620_232204.jpg

20220620_232237.jpg

It's rechargeable with a micro-USB cord, and it comes with a very cool fitted semi hard case:
20220620_233345.jpg

The guitar itself and the components feel legit; it's not a toy. I just need to get used to it.

Cons: Oddly, despite these cool effects, there's no onboard tuner...? And the headstock is so tiny, there isn't any room for a clip-on. I also wish the fretboard had markers (there are side dots). Then there's the aforementioned Ovation Effect.

I have been looking for a deal on the $799 list price, and I found one on Amazon for $699 so I put it on my Watch list. The seller then sent me an offer for $503 so I grabbed it.

I was wondering why there was such a dramatic price drop, then discovered there is now a new version called Blue Lava. It has an LED screen with effects, looper, and Bluetooth so you can stream into the guitar and play along. Here's the kicker: this improved version lists out at $649 with the same case.

I'll try to grab some sound clips and post them up after I change out those Elixirs.
20220620_225847.jpg

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Update: I discovered another con... the fitted case has zero pockets and zero room for anything.

I literally could not fit a Kyser capo in with the guitar, and even just a clip-on tuner was close to impossible.