NGD JV 60s

Bangdapoontwang

Tele-Meister
Firemist Gold. Love it. Double bound goodness. Overall the guitar works well and I enjoy playing it, I just have to fully come to terms with the unoriginal aspects of this “Original” 60s. I would never build one like this but I’m glad it was done by somebody else so I can just enjoy it instead of explaining why it’s 9.5” radius, has a pickguard mounted pickup, brass saddles, poly finish, and 4 way switching. I enjoy some of those things about it, and it sure is a looker.
F50D11BB-EB73-4BD0-ACE7-162B7164FA62.jpeg

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m starting to think MIJ is the way to go. Lower price than American and better quality than Mexican
YEP. This is the way.

And OP, Congrats, I love gold guitars, and after selling my AVRI 62, I have planned to build a 62 reissue (double bound) in firemist/shoreline or bullion gold!

Thats a looker!

IrishBread69

Tele-Holic
I’m starting to think MIJ is the way to go. Lower price than American and better quality than Mexican

It's definitely a good option. My experience with MIJ is that the build quality is impeccable but the pickups and electronics are often a weakness. Fortunately they're the easiest parts to swap out.

Bangdapoontwang

Tele-Meister
It's definitely a good option. My experience with MIJ is that the build quality is impeccable but the pickups and electronics are often a weakness. Fortunately they're the easiest parts to swap out.
That’s not the case with this model. If anything they went a little overboard with the electronics.

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I have the white JV Strat. I love the neck and it sounds great to me. I’ve thought about getting one of the teles. I’ve read all of the arguments about the specs on the forums. I don’t care. I just explain to my buddies who have played it that it’s a modified reissue of a reissue.