NGD -- Just what the world needs: another partscaster!

Steebz Khuan

TDPRI Member
I swear, partscasters are fast becoming the bane of my existence. Pretty stoked on my third build though. Went for the most unassuming cosmetics (plain vanilla butterscotch whiteguard.) Lindy Fralin fat neck, light weight korina/limba body, sprayed in a super thin coat of nitro. I'm a very lazy man so I didn't bother with the polishing, I like the cheap looking stuff. Gotoh bridge and staggered tuners, 8,8K broadcaster replica pickup from Q-pickups in Croatia. Strung it up with .12s and tuned it to cross tuning. Thing weighs only 2850 grams on the hook (6,2 pounds?), resonates for days, with harmonics to die for. And boy, it sure does things my two pickup tele can't. I can see this one becoming my number one fast. I'm a happy camper today.

IMG_20220623_112324-ok.jpg

Last edited:

BackwaterJunction

Tele-Meister
I swear, partscaster are fast becoming the bane of my existence. Pretty stoked on my third build tho -- despite all the research that goes into hunting for parts, you still need a good bit of luck and you'll never know beforehand what the sum of the parts will be and how a partscaster will turn out. Lucked out on this one though, I think I finally got it right. Went for the most unassuming cosmetics (plain vanilla butterscotch whiteguard.) Lindy Fralin fat neck, light weight korina/limba body, sprayed in a super thin coat of nitro. I'm a very lazy man so I didn't bother with the polishing, I like the cheap looking stuff. Gotoh bridge and staggered tuners, 8,8K broadcaster replica pickup from Q-pickups in Croatia. Strung it up with .12s and tuned it to cross tuning. Thing weighs only 2850 grams on the hook (6,2 pounds?), resonates for days, with harmonics to die for. And boy, it sure does things my two pickup tele can't. I can see this one becoming my number one fast. I'm a happy camper today.

View attachment 996842
That's a great looker!

Steebz Khuan

TDPRI Member
Looks great. What kind of knobs are you going to use?
Choices, choices! Nah I guess I'm just gonna go with your run of the mill nickel tele buttons. The theme here is unassuming (until plugged in and cranked)
What is 'cross tuning'?
Open D minor or Skip James' tuning. Works equally great for bluesy and jazzy stuff AND for punk'n'roll shredding

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
I swear, partscaster are fast becoming the bane of my existence. Pretty stoked on my third build tho -- despite all the research that goes into hunting for parts, you still need a good bit of luck and you'll never know beforehand what the sum of the parts will be and how a partscaster will turn out. Lucked out on this one though, I think I finally got it right. Went for the most unassuming cosmetics (plain vanilla butterscotch whiteguard.) Lindy Fralin fat neck, light weight korina/limba body, sprayed in a super thin coat of nitro. I'm a very lazy man so I didn't bother with the polishing, I like the cheap looking stuff. Gotoh bridge and staggered tuners, 8,8K broadcaster replica pickup from Q-pickups in Croatia. Strung it up with .12s and tuned it to cross tuning. Thing weighs only 2850 grams on the hook (6,2 pounds?), resonates for days, with harmonics to die for. And boy, it sure does things my two pickup tele can't. I can see this one becoming my number one fast. I'm a happy camper today.

View attachment 996842

Its beautiful man. You were able to get the nicest shade of that blonde and perfect tint neck to make it kinda NOS style Esquire!

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Looks great, congrats 👍

You can never have too many partscas....Borgcasters...
Just some of my collective. The one on the far left is still mostly an Andertons Purple CV50, it is fairly new to the collective and has only been slightly assimilated :oops: The others are full-on Borgcasters, resistance is futile :eek:

B4706F3D-A1FE-4A13-8797-CDA8BE720AB1.jpeg

Last edited:

Steebz Khuan

TDPRI Member
Took a couple of weeks but the buttons finally arrived -- all done! Been playing this one for a week now, wish I'd tried one of these fat neck sooner...

IMG_20220704_160039-ok.jpg