1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD (John Hall devotees look away now)

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by BerkshireDuncan, Mar 6, 2021.

1. BerkshireDuncan

BerkshireDuncan Tele-Meister

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My new suit- and my new guitar.

It's essentially an Unsung Silver Star Jet made by World Musical Instrument Co. Incheon, Korea- badged as an Indie IRK500.

WMIC are an OEM builder for PRS, Chapman, Ltd, BC Rich, Dean, Gretsch, Guild, Ibanez, Schecter, et al. Indie Guitars was a British outfit mostly known for their decent but blingy PRS-alikes and their own LP meets Tele HH design.

Legend has it Indies- including the IRK range were exported to Europe in modest quantities and thence to Canada. Some US dealers were appointed who ordered a few.. you can guess the rest. I've been after one for a while, but even here in the UK, eBay will delete listings at the drop of a hat, so you need to be quick.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. Norris Vulcan

Norris Vulcan Tele-Afflicted

Can't see your pics, you tease :rolleyes:

3. Norris Vulcan

Norris Vulcan Tele-Afflicted

Just drag 'em into the message box and click 'thumbnail'.

4. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

Like this one, only silver?

:)

[​IMG]

Dan German likes this.
  5. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I wanted a Ric 360 really bad at one point. It's a very cool looking guitar. I bought one and just couldn't play it.

I wouldn't have any issue with this except that when I called, (foolishly thinking they took custom orders) I was informed that, "unless I was someone famous" I would not be able to make a custom order. So, I built my own.

Rickenbacker fiercely protects their trademark, rightfully so, and I respect that. These guitars will never be for sale, and were built for the purpose of enjoying a Ric 360 style guitar with an adult size neck.

People who copy these designs for their own profit should be notified and dealt with. It's stealing. I have been a victim of people stealing my work, and it really smarts.

4 shots lo-res.jpg 360 Project.jpg

crazydave911 likes this.
  6. BerkshireDuncan

BerkshireDuncan Tele-Meister

Nice work! I bought a 330 but sold it within a couple of weeks- for exactly the same reason. Objectively the Indie is a 'better' guitar in every way (for me).. except of course brand kudos.

7. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I will admit to being somewhat of a Brand Snob at times, and even the guitars I build from scratch sometimes leave me with the feeling, I wish they were actual brands. But having played the "good stuff" and the others, there's usually a reason the brands fetch a bigger price. I have a couple of Squiers that are indeed fine guitars. Are they as good as my Fenders? Not a chance.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.