NGD J-45

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
Big congratulations for your amazing friends and the great guitar! I got her sister a few months ago

Screenshot_20221016-090033_Gallery.jpg

Chilly E

TDPRI Member
Ok been wanting a J-45 for years couldn’t seem to get the money. Made a few trades got a little cash to split with bass player and drummer. Bass player goes to Nashville and conspires with drummer. Long story short they gave this to me today. Gibson J-45 50’s reissue. First brand new guitar I’ve had in well since 2000 I think. Yes it’s all I hoped it would be, my grail acoustic.
We are two serial numbers apart!

Attachments

• IMG_2338.jpeg
    IMG_2338.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 20

corbo

Tele-Meister
I bought a Rosewood J45 brand new in about 2000 - 2001. It's in my profile pic. It had come with gold hardware, which I immediately swapped with nickel Grovers. I also added a Fishman Matrix pickup under the saddle, and put volume and tone knobs thru the upper shoulder (since I was gigging in front of a loud band, I used a soundhole cover, so soundhole-mounted knobs wouldn't have worked for me). In over 20 years since, I bounced around all manner of electrics: Teles, Strats, PRS's, Godins, before landing happily on a Tele-style guitar made by Ron Kirn which is my baby now. But that J45 has been the freaking ROCK. Tried Martins, Taylors, Composites (don't ask) and others, but the J45 just has that "something" for me. I think it's the way it handles rhythm SO well. The notes don't seem to jump out and cut you -- they blend together in a way that just sits under my voice perfectly. Again, electrics? Amps? Pedals? The tweaks never end. But the J45 has been the bomb for me acoustically for over two decades. Even during tough times financially, when I've had to sell guitars, mikes, outboard gear, and even some family heirlooms, the J45 has been the one thing that has NEVER gone on the block. So I say, if you dig her, hang onto her, and don't let go. I certainly won't (unless I can ever afford a Collings. Then?? *mayyyyybe*) :)

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
Congratulations!!!
I bought my 2017 J-45 Standard brand new from GC.
According to the serial number it was only a few months old when I got it.
It was not set up great, but it hadn’t been a guitar very long so I gave it some time to settle in.
After about 10 months of regular play I brought it to my luthier for an official setup and a bone nut.
It’s a great guitar.
I hope you love yours like I do mine.

Sparky472

Tele-Afflicted
Ok been wanting a J-45 for years couldn’t seem to get the money. Made a few trades got a little cash to split with bass player and drummer. Bass player goes to Nashville and conspires with drummer. Long story short they gave this to me today. Gibson J-45 50’s reissue. First brand new guitar I’ve had in well since 2000 I think. Yes it’s all I hoped it would be, my grail acoustic.
Wow, congrats! Beautiful guitar.

zombywoof

Friend of Leo's
Even though I got hold of my first Gibson some 45 years ago I have never owned a new one. Started with guitars built in the second half of the 1950s which were then just "used" guitars so cost less than a shiny new one. I guess it became a habit although as the years went by, I kept going further back in catalog. But if somebody told me I had to buy a brand spanking new Bozeman-made J45 looking at their current offerings the Original 50s model might just top the list.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats. the J-45 was my first serious acoustic. I regret selling it.

Whitebeard

Tele-Meister
Beautiful. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Congratulations!!!
I bought my 2017 J-45 Standard brand new from GC.
According to the serial number it was only a few months old when I got it.
It was not set up great, but it hadn’t been a guitar very long so I gave it some time to settle in.
After about 10 months of regular play I brought it to my luthier for an official setup and a bone nut.
It’s a great guitar.
I hope you love yours like I do mine.
Thank you the guys actually missed a 2017 they were going to buy and had to change plans which led to this one. I don’t really deserve this based on my playing lol but I’m glad to have it.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
I bought a Rosewood J45 brand new in about 2000 - 2001. It's in my profile pic. It had come with gold hardware, which I immediately swapped with nickel Grovers. I also added a Fishman Matrix pickup under the saddle, and put volume and tone knobs thru the upper shoulder (since I was gigging in front of a loud band, I used a soundhole cover, so soundhole-mounted knobs wouldn't have worked for me). In over 20 years since, I bounced around all manner of electrics: Teles, Strats, PRS's, Godins, before landing happily on a Tele-style guitar made by Ron Kirn which is my baby now. But that J45 has been the freaking ROCK. Tried Martins, Taylors, Composites (don't ask) and others, but the J45 just has that "something" for me. I think it's the way it handles rhythm SO well. The notes don't seem to jump out and cut you -- they blend together in a way that just sits under my voice perfectly. Again, electrics? Amps? Pedals? The tweaks never end. But the J45 has been the bomb for me acoustically for over two decades. Even during tough times financially, when I've had to sell guitars, mikes, outboard gear, and even some family heirlooms, the J45 has been the one thing that has NEVER gone on the block. So I say, if you dig her, hang onto her, and don't let go. I certainly won't (unless I can ever afford a Collings. Then?? *mayyyyybe*) :)
I agree about the voicing of the J45 and that’s why I wanted it. Works great with vocals and doesn’t get in the way while maintaining its presence. It’s not going anywhere except the stage. Didn’t think about the controls in the sound hole. They will probably turn me down in the mix anyway. Lol.