NGD J-45

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Ok been wanting a J-45 for years couldn’t seem to get the money. Made a few trades got a little cash to split with bass player and drummer. Bass player goes to Nashville and conspires with drummer. Long story short they gave this to me today. Gibson J-45 50’s reissue. First brand new guitar I’ve had in well since 2000 I think. Yes it’s all I hoped it would be, my grail acoustic.

Attachments

• 8C59D3C3-064B-4A8F-8EBA-EBD2A2B68721.jpeg
    8C59D3C3-064B-4A8F-8EBA-EBD2A2B68721.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 140
  • 853C519A-8BF1-49A4-BB85-16FEABBA4466.jpeg
    853C519A-8BF1-49A4-BB85-16FEABBA4466.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 999F9321-14BD-48CE-B092-FCF07C30D417.jpeg
    999F9321-14BD-48CE-B092-FCF07C30D417.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 141

Chipss36

Tele-Holic
Few if any acoustic is as good as a good j45….

i have had a few, but not found the one yet, still Looking.

hope you found the one…..nice guitar man.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Few if any acoustic is as good as a good j45….

i have had a few, but not found the one yet, still Looking.

hope you found the one…..nice guitar man.
Well of course I’m in the honeymoon but I’ve had several nice acoustic guitars. I tell you what you may wanna try one of these. I played a 65 many years ago and was hooked. This new one plays better and sounds great!! Been playing for a couple hours and time just flies. Did I say it plays so nice. Lol.

CX Hunter

Tele-Meister
Schweet! Only had one acoustic, a Guild D44 bought from a pawn shop in 1976, and finally I bought a “b-stock” J 45 off Sweetwater about 2 years ago. Looked it over with a fine tooth comb. Couldn’t find any kind of defect. Super great guitar. I had it in at Rudy’s Music last week for a slightly lower action. When I came back all the sales guys (who own Martins) were raving at how they’d never come across a J 45 that was as bright as mine. Lucked out. Hope yours makes you has happy as mine has.

stnmtthw

Friend of Leo's
Nice!! I picked up a J45 Standard a few weeks ago. Such a great guitar, congratulations!!

The main differences between the Standard and the 50s reissue are cosmetic- the Standard has a mother of pearl Gibson logo on the headstock instead of the old school silkscreen, and Grover tuners instead of Klusons, but structurally they're the same guitar. They're classic.

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
Great story and nice guitar. An iconic acoustic for sure.

I have an older Montana Banner model. I don't really care for the tulip tuners on an acoustic, but they will remain. It is my go-to guitar when I want nice bass. Seems to have more low-end than my Martin dreads, and certainly plenty of power. They also sound nice with Martin monel strings.

Enjoy!

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Schweet! Only had one acoustic, a Guild D44 bought from a pawn shop in 1976, and finally I bought a “b-stock” J 45 off Sweetwater about 2 years ago. Looked it over with a fine tooth comb. Couldn’t find any kind of defect. Super great guitar. I had it in at Rudy’s Music last week for a slightly lower action. When I came back all the sales guys (who own Martins) were raving at how they’d never come across a J 45 that was as bright as mine. Lucked out. Hope yours makes you has happy as mine has.
Thank you so far so good

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Nice!! I picked up a J45 Standard a few weeks ago. Such a great guitar, congratulations!!

The main differences between the Standard and the 50s reissue are cosmetic- the Standard has a mother of pearl Gibson logo on the headstock instead of the old school silkscreen, and Grover tuners instead of Klusons, but structurally they're the same guitar. They're classic.
Love the neck and action on this guitar. It came from carters in Nashville guess they know how to do a set up.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Great story and nice guitar. An iconic acoustic for sure.

I have an older Montana Banner model. I don't really care for the tulip tuners on an acoustic, but they will remain. It is my go-to guitar when I want nice bass. Seems to have more low-end than my Martin dreads, and certainly plenty of power. They also sound nice with Martin monel strings.

Enjoy!
This one has Gibson 12’s which I’ve never used but man it plays good. I’ll wear these out and maybe check out those monel strings.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats! One of my dream acoustics! I bought a copy not too long ago, but I hope to find a good one in the future!

And yes to Monels. They’re amazing
Like I said wanted one for years and wouldn’t have it if it wasn’t for my bass player and drummer. Not familiar with Monels but with 2 votes I feel I must try them.

Reactions: BB

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
Like I said wanted one for years and wouldn’t have it if it wasn’t for my bass player and drummer. Not familiar with Monels but with 2 votes I feel I must try them.

They're quite different from "regular" acoustic guitar strings.. They're not as bright or metallic when you first put them on.. and can get warmer over time.. Id suggest, put it on, and let it sit for a while..

I thought I made a mistake when I first put it on, but now I cant go back to regular strings..