NGD: Italia Rimini 12

TeleUpNorth

Tele-Holic
Came next day, thanks to shipping from nearby. Ordered my first electric 12. Always feels like a gamble with guitars I’ve never played, but this didn’t disappoint. Build quality is fantastic. I like the fret inlays. The finish looks great.

Strung it up (Ric style with the octave second). Plays really easily, and once tuned it holds tune really well.

I wish it had a pickup selector, but it just has two volume knobs. Cool for blending, though.

Sounds fantastic plugged in. I’m going to have some fun with this one!
3FF98749-F77D-4370-B1B3-94A344DB4B21.jpeg
729DE893-0274-42C6-8FCC-08B2AF2E38D0.jpeg
BCEE381F-FA68-4BA4-99FD-A47054079D9D.jpeg

Last edited:

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
Looks nice! Did you have to make a new nut for the Rickenbacker string orientation? Also, how is the intonation at the 12th fret? That becomes a compromise when you have the two strings on a saddle tune-o-matic bridge.

effzee

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Perloid
Damn auto correct
You have a lot of time after posting to edit your post.

Just looks like mother of pearl dots to me, unusual to have both like that, but quirky and cool 😎

TeleUpNorth

Tele-Holic
I had the pearl white one of these and I loved it. For its money, it was great. Wilkie pups, iirc.
You are correct on the pickups! They sound better than I expected. I am half debating splurging on some T-Armonds in a P90 mount, but these sound great for now. It's feather light for a guitar, and the finish looks nice. Feels really great, especially at the price!

TeleUpNorth

Tele-Holic
Looks nice! Did you have to make a new nut for the Rickenbacker string orientation? Also, how is the intonation at the 12th fret? That becomes a compromise when you have the two strings on a saddle tune-o-matic bridge.

I didn't have to make a new nut, the slots look like each set is cut to the same size for both strings. I'll likely make a new one when I have some spare time, but for now it's working well. I didn't intonate yet, was too excited to just play it. But that will happen by this weekend!

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
I didn't have to make a new nut, the slots look like each set is cut to the same size for both strings. I'll likely make a new one when I have some spare time, but for now it's working well. I didn't intonate yet, was too excited to just play it. But that will happen by this weekend!
Thanks. Interesting that they would make each nut slot equal sized, perhaps thinking folks would eventually decide on octave orientation and then get/make a new nut.

Donny Osmond fan

Tele-Afflicted
Came next day, thanks to shipping from nearby. Ordered my first electric 12. Always feels like a gamble with guitars I’ve never played, but this didn’t disappoint. Build quality is fantastic. I like the fret inlays. The finish looks great.

Strung it up (Ric style with the octave second). Plays really easily, and once tuned it holds tune really well.

I wish it had a pickup selector, but it just has two volume knobs. Cool for blending, though.

Sounds fantastic plugged in. I’m going to have some fun with this one! View attachment 1041591 View attachment 1041590 View attachment 1041592
Congrats I own one myself from the brand. The single cut with a German body carve. And 2jacks with a piezo bridge. Great quality. And a amazing brand. I like mine more than any LP.