NGD... it seems I've gone to the dark side.

tubejockey

Tele-Holic
Was looking for a bari. Found a good deal on this. 20211022_101114.jpg

naneek

Tele-Holic
congratulations. I've always wanted a baritone. schecters tend to be pretty well built guitars with features that out-do just about everything else in their price range.

when you get used to it, I'd love to know how you are using it. What tuning are you playing in? what amps are you pairing it with? What kind of music are you using it for etc.

I like that grey / green flame top. hope it works well for your needs.

W.L.Weller

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I like baritone because I can play the same stupid riff and it sounds different (a perfect fifth lower, if we're getting technical). I don't think I'm smart/facile enough to learn another string. Good for you! That guitar looks boss.

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Congrats on the new guitar. I was eyeing up a Schecter not that long ago myself. I would LOVE a Robert Smith UltraCure XII.

Having a baritone would be awesome too.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Nice!!!

I've always wanted a baritone.

if you have a Strat or Tele that doesn't get much play time, convert it for the cost of a set of .013"-.060" strings and a little nut work and a setup.

yeah, you can get a baritone conversion neck from Warmoth, etc., but it's not really necessary.

I built a Strat baritone with a standard 25.5" scale neck and I tune it C to C. It gets super twangy down low.

tubejockey

Tele-Holic
Someone had .017 to .060 strings on it. Probably why you could do pull- ups on the strings the action was so high. I'll probably do a ptb type tone control on it to keep the mud in check.

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
I had a Kiesel 7 string Baritone. It was an amazing guitar, great sound and play-ability. I just didn't need the 7th string. I built a 6 string 28" baritone. Plays great but the sound is all wrong. It has humbuckers, a Chopper in the neck and a PAF style in the bridge. I'm not planning to play metal on the thing so, I'm switching it to a single coil in the neck and a HB sized PAF in the bridge. Bari's are fun.

tubejockey

Tele-Holic
I'm really not a metal guy either. I do a lot of classic rock, blues, zydeco, country, soul, etc. I just want to rattle the pews in church.