1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD inbound! 95 Hamer USA Studio

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Iceman0124, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

Yes! I love Hamer USA! They were every bit the equal and I believe, the superior of GCS. Incredible craftsmanship, fit, finish, and most importantly TONE.
    USA Hamers rule. You can buy with confidence without playing in person. Congrats on a killer guitar!
    Check out Shishkov Guitars! Mike Shishkov was the lead luthier at Hamer. I have Shishkov Ultimate 0006, a Hamer Newport, a Hamer CruiseBass, and a Hamer Korina Artist.

Pics:

Attached Files:

Iceman0124 and ac15 like this.
  2. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Friend of Leo's

That's a cool guitar. Enjoy!

3. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Tele-Meister

Thanks! She feels and sounds far better than she looks! I discovered Shiskov when I joined the Hamer USA FB group, lots of great supportive folks there.

john kleeman likes this.
  4. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nice.

I had a USA Hamer, and it was indeed nice (Monaco III), but sold it when I got my LP.

I’m particularly intrigued by your Cruise bass.

Joel Dantzig once said in an interview that out of all the things Hamer did, the Cruise bass was one of his favorites.

I play bass, and am curious to find out what the fuss was about. I should look for one, though I understand one of the models has a type of bridge that is more desirable than the other.

5. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nice score. Hamer's are definitely "Top Shelf" instruments.

6. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Tele-Meister

She stands toe to toe with my PRS Korina McCarty soapbar with Brazilian board....far and away the best $750 I ever dropped on a guitar. They have always been on my radar and many of their magazine ad's in the late 80's to mid 80's graced my walls......really wish I had paid them more attention much sooner.....

The understated carve and sparse appointments really let the exceptional top wood and fingerboard shine, and I'm loving their bridge choice.......hadn't touched any of my Gibson's since getting my 3 PRS the last couple years....my Hamer has sealed the fate of 2 of them....don't need or want them anymore.....

Gonna be a tough call to declare a #1

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Very tough indeed!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.