NGD! I'm finally a CS owner! '51 HS Telecaster Relic

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
What’s going on with those pots!

They’re stacked like TBX pots!?

Is it wired “normal”?

It’s stock wiring yes! If you look at the floor traveller you’ll see “dual stack HB wiring”. They used stacked pots which are a 250k and a 500k pot stacked on top each other. It allows each pickup to see the “correct” resistance on the pots.

David Green

TDPRI Member
GhWD3WK.jpg

What a beauty, congrats! 🥰

Can you upload more photos of the back of the control plate? I'm trying to replicate this "HS Dual Stack" wiring on my tele.

I would aprecciate it a lot!

Thanks!!!

526THz

Tele-Meister
Just arrived shipped all the way from Ireland to Canada! 2018 (2019 build) Limited 51 HS Telecaster Relic in Nocaster blonde. I've never had a CS guitar before and I'm very excited! I have always wanted a Nocaster however the big U necks simply are not playable to me. This one caught my eye because it has the 10/56 V neck instead of the Nocaster U. I have a buddy who has a CS Strat with the 10/56 V neck so I thought I knew what to expect, however this Tele has a pretty chunky neck on it. I am acclimating to it and I'm enjoying it. The second thing that caught my attention was the regular relic treatment. I've seen a lot of these series on YouTube and they're ALL heavy relic. I'm just not a fan of the heavy relic guitars so when I saw this one it was like Goldilocks - just right!

Another super cool thing on this model is the placement of the neck HB. It's about 6mm closer to the neck than the usual neck HB mounting position. (That's what they mean on the traveler sheet "New HB neck PU location").

7.4lbs! Right in the zone where I like my guitar weight. I've already done a string change and setup and got it configured for 5-string open G playing.

NFlqALw.jpg

Eyx7ysa.jpg

24PJZR9.jpg

NNtK08R.jpg

e3dQ0eU.jpg

JljUVwE.jpg

N3ExFc8.jpg

BYMVIpJ.jpg

GhWD3WK.jpg

4CDE1jD.jpg
Congrats... that's a beauty and I'd like it exactly like yours! Wouldn't change a thing!!
Enjoy it!!

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Wow I'm amazed this post is still getting attention! So I've had the guitar about 7 months now. I'm really enjoying it! The neck took a little getting used to but now when I pick up my AVRI52 it feels like playing a toothpick lol.

The cool thing is that it's already showing wear from my own playing. The finish along the top of the fretboard from frets 16-21 has definitely worn some from my pick hitting the edge of the board while strumming (I play up near the neck joint a lot).

Only "mod" or fix I had to do was to put some locktite on the threads of the neck pickup adjustment screws. I noticed the neck pickup height was wandering by itself due to the string vibrations. I've had this happen before and some locktite was the simplest solution as I had some handy. Other than that the guitar has been flawless.

The "Crushed Blackguard" bridge pickup sounds great! Definitely in the same ballpark as other hot wound early 50's pickups like the Don Mare 0038. I'm actually surprised by the Seymour Duncan Seth Lover 55 PAF in the neck - it sounds really good. Especially with the dual stack wiring.

So yeah, it's seen a few gigs so far and it's been wonderful. While yes, a CS is expensive, there's absolutely no other production guitar that is appointed plays like it. I'm really happy with the purchase. Zero buyer's remorse here and I've definitely bonded with it.