NGD! I'm finally a CS owner! '51 HS Telecaster Relic

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Just arrived shipped all the way from Ireland to Canada! 2018 (2019 build) Limited 51 HS Telecaster Relic in Nocaster blonde. I've never had a CS guitar before and I'm very excited! I have always wanted a Nocaster however the big U necks simply are not playable to me. This one caught my eye because it has the 10/56 V neck instead of the Nocaster U. I have a buddy who has a CS Strat with the 10/56 V neck so I thought I knew what to expect, however this Tele has a pretty chunky neck on it. I am acclimating to it and I'm enjoying it. The second thing that caught my attention was the regular relic treatment. I've seen a lot of these series on YouTube and they're ALL heavy relic. I'm just not a fan of the heavy relic guitars so when I saw this one it was like Goldilocks - just right!

Another super cool thing on this model is the placement of the neck HB. It's about 6mm closer to the neck than the usual neck HB mounting position. (That's what they mean on the traveler sheet "New HB neck PU location").

7.4lbs! Right in the zone where I like my guitar weight. I've already done a string change and setup and got it configured for 5-string open G playing.

NFlqALw.jpg

Eyx7ysa.jpg

24PJZR9.jpg

NNtK08R.jpg

e3dQ0eU.jpg

JljUVwE.jpg

N3ExFc8.jpg

BYMVIpJ.jpg

GhWD3WK.jpg

4CDE1jD.jpg

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Thanks all!

Did you get a good deal or could you just not find one locally?

Just curious

There's absolutely none of these around locally. There's only one local store that's a FCS dealer here and they've had the same four rather uninteresting CS guitars on their wall for the past year.

Also these were part of the 2018 mid summer Limited Editions and this is the only one I found in the world available that was willing to ship to Canada. Plus I got a much better price buying it off the shop's actual website rather than Reverb (as everything on Reverb is marked up about 10% to offset their selling fees). Just looking at the Reverb search if I open up USA only and there's a few more of these out there but they're all priced about $1000 more than I paid.

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Just arrived shipped all the way from Ireland to Canada! 2018 (2019 build) Limited 51 HS Telecaster Relic in Nocaster blonde. I've never had a CS guitar before and I'm very excited! I have always wanted a Nocaster however the big U necks simply are not playable to me. This one caught my eye because it has the 10/56 V neck instead of the Nocaster U. I have a buddy who has a CS Strat with the 10/56 V neck so I thought I knew what to expect, however this Tele has a pretty chunky neck on it. I am acclimating to it and I'm enjoying it. The second thing that caught my attention was the regular relic treatment. I've seen a lot of these series on YouTube and they're ALL heavy relic. I'm just not a fan of the heavy relic guitars so when I saw this one it was like Goldilocks - just right!

Another super cool thing on this model is the placement of the neck HB. It's about 6mm closer to the neck than the usual neck HB mounting position. (That's what they mean on the traveler sheet "New HB neck PU location").

7.4lbs! Right in the zone where I like my guitar weight. I've already done a string change and setup and got it configured for 5-string open G playing.

NFlqALw.jpg

Eyx7ysa.jpg

24PJZR9.jpg

NNtK08R.jpg

e3dQ0eU.jpg

JljUVwE.jpg

N3ExFc8.jpg

BYMVIpJ.jpg

GhWD3WK.jpg

4CDE1jD.jpg
Enjoy your guitar. I think you will like the neck. I felt it to be different but really becomes natural to play.

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Looks mighty nice. If I bought a tele that pricey I’d want some light relicing too, just to avoid a heart attack when that inevitable first ding comes along. Really a cool guitar, man. Congrats.
Tears will be cried, I am sure. It is like having a new car. There is always that window rock chip, parking lot door dent, thirty car pile-up, that puts your heart in your throat.

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
One observation after a few days use: It's reliced but it's going to wear further FAST. I tend to play near the neck pickup and I've already noticed some of my own wear occurring on the upper edge of the fretboard. This is cool because it'll soon have my own style of wear on it based on my playing.

I've gotten used to the neck and I like it a lot. Such that when I pick up my 52RI now it feels like a twig in comparison.