1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD Ibanez AC240 Acoustic

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by rdwhitti, Aug 18, 2018.

1. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

I have wanted an acoustic of some sort to keep by my chair in the living room for some time now. I have never really liked flattops and was really wanting an acoustic archtop but did not want to spend the kind of money needed to get something decent. I am trying out this Ibanez for now as it is the closest that I have found sound wise with its all mahogany body, and at a very decent price I thought (new $245 from GC). I compared this to several others (Yamaha FS8x0, Martin DJR2, and a few others) and like the playability and the sound of this the best. I liked the Martin a lot but was afraid that the 24" scale would be problematic. I may also order a used The Loar LH300 for comparison and may be returning this one.
    Ibanez AC240-2.JPG Ibanez AC240.JPG

hdvades and Piggy Stu like this.
  2. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

I have that model as well and love it! In fact, I like it so much I got the parlor model as well which is a lot of fun to play. Lots of volume and tone from a little guy. Originally I was saving to buy an all solid Fender Paramount OM hog until I tried the Iban which blew me away and saved me a lot of money.

Congrats and enjoy your new guitar.

hdvades likes this.
  3. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Yes it has lots of volume for its size but sometimes the bass sounds too boomy. I’m still thinking about ordering a The Loar LH300 (ES125 clone) or LH301T (ES125T clone) for comparison. The problem is that I am leaving Wednesday for a week. I suppose I could have them delivered to the local GC.

4. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I wanted an inexpensive Grand Concert size acoustic. Not to big and not too small. I liked it much more than the Taylor GS Mini (mahogany) I had and sold that one. Got it when they first came out and for the price you can't beat it imho. Removed the pickguard on mine. I think you'll be happy with yours also. Very practical for a guitar to leave out in the living room, bedroom or wherever. The 1 3/4" nut is another plus (for me anyways). Enjoy!

5. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

Different strings/lighter E string gauge will probably fix it

6. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Thanks, I have never owned a flattop (or any acoustic) before so everything is new to me.

7. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Returned it last week. Very nice guitar but I have found that I am just not a flattop player. I’ve tried numerous times to like them but I just don’t. Ordered a The Loar LH300 and will see if that works for me.

8. howardlo

howardlo Tele-Holic

I bought my Ibanez AC-240 a few months ago. Really nice guitar, love the warm sound of the mahogany top. Plays and sounds great. Have 14 acoustics (BTW, one is a 1959 Guild archtop) and this Ibanez gets by far the most play time and probably always will.

I have played about 90% acoustic for the past 60+ years. In fact went about 25 years playing only acoustic. Didn't even own or want an electric during that time.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.